Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IELTS test session / test sitting dates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fchris171

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: IELTS test session / test sitting dates Reply with quote

Hi,

I know this isn't strictly UK teaching related but please don't delete it, i'm running out of options to make enquires.

I'm praying that someone with IELTS experience can help out an old ESL teacher coming back here for a bit of advice regarding the IELTS certificate my wife is using for her UK spouse visa application (which we're having big issues with!).

What's the difference between the test session date and the test sitting date?

We have doubts that her UKVI verification code is correct as it states the date 20.04.2017 however she took the test on the 22nd.

The home office can't get the code to work on the verification system and someone at the british council has told us "Your wife's test session date was the 20th and her test sitting date was the 22nd. The code therefore correctly states the date 20.04.2017.

Every certificate I've seen posted on the web states the date the test was actually taken in the UKVI verification code. Seems a bit of a coincidence that the code doesn't work and the dates don't match up.

Thanks a heap for any replies and thanks to any mods for not deleting this. We're facing a spouse visa refusal.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to pursue this with UCLES/IELTS and the Home Office. I was an IELRS Examiner but I gained no inside knowledge of the arcane workings of the system beyond the exam itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: