Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best paying jobs in the KSA 2017 MA TESOL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodEnglishes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Best paying jobs in the KSA 2017 MA TESOL Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Would anyone be able to weigh in regarding the current highest paid positions in the KSA for individuals with an MA TESOL and 4+ years of full-time teaching experience?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would depend on the following:
• Your nationality
• Your gender/sex
• Whether your MA entailed any online coursework. (See http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=116232)

Generally, the main hiring season for upcoming university positions is in early spring. (See the sticky, "The skinny on direct-hire university opportunities".) However, contracting companies usually hire year round, but as for-profit businesses, they don't tend to offer the best pay. Plus, some companies have a rep for being sketchy. If you're male, military/defense gigs offer high salaries (or not, depending on your definition of "high-paying").

Check job boards for openings. Also, scour through this forum; KSA may not be your cup of tea.
Hatcher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High salary? per hour? its the KSA but you can make more in other countries if you are willing to work. ARAMCO is highest.
sicklyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatcher wrote:
ARAMCO is highest.

word
goodEnglishes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Armaco.... Reply with quote

I have explored other posts about Armco on here and elsewhere... Can someone give me a firm number about what kind of salary to expect with them? (USA, male, MA TESOL)
Hatcher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct hires should stat at around 7,000 USD plus housing and travel... You will earn every penny.
You can make that by working twice the hours in China.
Karitos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Best paying jobs in the KSA 2017 MA TESOL Reply with quote

goodEnglishes wrote:
Hello everyone!

Would anyone be able to weigh in regarding the current highest paid positions in the KSA for individuals with an MA TESOL and 4+ years of full-time teaching experience?

As other posters have indicated, it is hard to say without knowing more details, as well as what types of positions you are willing to consider.

I know of one place that is offering around 21-22k SAR / month for teachers with similar qualifications (includes housing allowance). But they are also working 32-33 contact hours per week.

I saw an ad for an international school a while back for $8k USD per month. Housing was also provided.

At international schools a more normal range (for higher paying ones) is about 15-20K SAR.

At universities, it has been around 14k-20k SAR, but I have no firm data of offers at the higher end of that in recent days. Many universities are slashing jobs right now from what I hear.
sicklyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatcher wrote:
Direct hires should stat at around 7,000 USD plus housing and travel... You will earn every penny.

Direct hire teaching positions might as well not exist they are so rare, particularly if you're not from the us. And your figure there is a sizeable underestimate.

As for apparently earning every penny the teaching really isn't as demanding as it used to be since the introduction of the new iPad based tailor made curriculum last year. It's much easier than any military gig that's for sure.

To the guy who asked, starting packages for contracted teachers from the us will total something like the 30-33k Sar mark. But it's hard to predict accurately as so many factors can influence that.
Hatcher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New contract job at Aramco for 100,000 or 8000$ a month.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The days of large salaries in KSA are behind us. there are still a few at the top end, but most jobs now pay quite low salaries. Increasingly we can see that employers in the country are utilising teachers who will accept much lower salaries than were common a few years ago.

In the past a few years in KSA would set you up for life. Forget that now unless you get one of the VERY FEW well-paid jobs.
FrenchConnexion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just learned from a friend of mine working at the CoE in Madinah (run by TOP) that the teachers hired about 3 years ago on a 20 000+ salary will get 15000 on their new contract starting August. They are native speakers.
Hemlock32

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone explain to me the logic behind salary changes between having experience post MA TESOL and prior MA TESOL? It sounds like in Saudi they don't care what you have done beforehand. All that matters is what you have done after you have received your MA?
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why look for logic ? This is the way they do it. They do not want your opinions on how they run things.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemlock32 wrote:
Can anyone explain to me the logic behind salary changes between having experience post MA TESOL and prior MA TESOL? It sounds like in Saudi they don't care what you have done beforehand. All that matters is what you have done after you have received your MA?

Saudi employers aren't the only ones with this requirement. But it's a no brainer. The teaching experience the applicant got using his/her BA in Architecture doesn't carry much weight -- only what he/she did after they completing a related MA. Therefore, if the minimum qualification posted in a job ad is an MA TESOL, then it's likely expected that applicants' qualifying experience be gained after receiving relevant knowledge and skills via their specialized degree program. (BTW, just about every Saudi sent to the US for studies attends a university intensive English program taught by instructors with TESOL-related MAs.)

Keep in mind, some employers also see education in terms of years. For example, a BA is considered 16 years of education, while an MA is 17-18 years. (I'd even noticed this on some online job applications in the US.)
sicklyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
it's a no brainer. The teaching experience the applicant got using his/her BA in Architecture doesn't carry much weight

Nothing wrong with a BA in Architecture Wink

I can see your point, but it's not a "no brainer" at all. What if you got a CELTA and a DELTA in the ten years before your MA and then spent 1 year after that teaching in exactly the same context afterwards. What's the difference?

Let's no airbrush the fact that in most (if not all) of the ME, the piece of paper is valued more than your actual ability to teach. There is no logic to requirements for 90% of positions here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: