Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arun Language Training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuestroJuan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Arun Language Training Reply with quote

Good evening from the States.

As my girlfriend and I have been looking around for job opportunities, I was scrolling through teflSearch.com and came across a posting for jobs in multiple locations in Saudi Arabia. The salary was promising, and I fulfilled the requirements. In addition, all candidates have to be present for a face-to-face interview in Houston, Texas, which, thankfully, I can also do.

I have no experience looking for jobs in KSA, and, really, no experience finding job opportunities on these TEFL websites, either. One thing that was interesting about this job ad was that no institution/company/agency is explicitly named in the post. The only company name I could find was on the email address of the contact person: Arun Language Training.

This company name hasn't been brought up on Dave's, as far as I can tell, but there is a website and Facebook page with a handful of teacher recruitment posts. Anyway, since it looked like good employment, I sent my C.V. to their point of contact, and he quickly got back to me asking for a bunch of additional documents and to chat on the phone. I ended up talking to him while I was at work. Real nice guy based in Littlehampton, UK. He informed me that he collects the documents for a Saudi client, and I believe they decide if they want to shortlist the applicants. I'm guessing this is a typical process, but I'm new when it comes to working with agencies like this. He also informed me that these would be job placements with Saudi Aramco.

After collecting my documents and sending them to the Saudi client, he asked me if I would in theory be able to attend a meeting in Houston this coming week. My expenses would be reimbursed regardless of the result.

It's not for sure that I will even be called in for an interview, but I just don't know how I should feel about working with this mysterious entity. The job looks pretty good, but I don't know who these folks are. Therefore, if I do end up going to Houston, I'll be meeting and talking with people I know very little about.

What's your take on the situation? Is this normal? It very well might be. Am I onto something good or setting myself up for bad news? Finally, has anyone heard of this company (Arun, not Aramco)?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, I realize I stated in an earlier post that I wasn't interested in job opportunities in KSA, but, hey, I figured I should cast my net wide.

Thank you, again.
Lord T

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuestrojuan, the man in Littlehampton is a recruiter (I know him). He will pass your details on to the company, and may receive a commission from them, if you are hired. He is one of several recruiters advertising the position you mention.

Ask him for more details. He seems like a reasonable man, but he works in a 'difficult' industry, so it's always best to be cautious.

Lord T
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuestroJuan wrote:
As my girlfriend and I have been looking around for job opportunities, I was scrolling through teflSearch.com and came across a posting for jobs in multiple locations in Saudi Arabia.

I realize I stated in an earlier post that I wasn't interested in job opportunities in KSA, but, hey, I figured I should cast my net wide.

I remember you stating that you and your soon-to-be wife couldn't see yourselves spending your newlywed years in Saudi Arabia. Very Happy

I can't comment on the recruiter or position, but if you apply to any other KSA jobs, be sure to mention up front that your wife will be joining you. (You'll need to be legally married to live together.)

That said, I recall your girlfriend has an MA TESOL and experience. If she's expecting to teach, you both should consider applying to the same employer -- a university that has male and female campuses, which would ensure your term and holiday breaks are in sync. Plus, your girlfriend is limited to universities/vocational colleges for females and may not be able to find a suitable school in whatever city this oil contract is located in.

Another option is to apply as a teaching (married) couple for those ADEC positions in the UAE. (Google uae teach english.) The students can be a handful but you'd be able to enjoy a less restrictive life in the Emirates, especially with two salaries. There are threads about the MoE and ADEC in the UAE forum.
silverbrain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked with the gentleman in question here before and found him to professional. He's one of the few people in the industry that I would actually trust. He's straight down the line and honest I found.
desertfox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also know the proprietor of Arun Language Training, in a professional capacity as it were, I too can confirm his decency and professionalism.

As Lord T said however, the industry is "difficult," all things remain relative.

Good to bear in mind at all times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: