Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

working viist visa
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: working viist visa Reply with quote

WORKING VISIT VISA – LONG/SHORT TERM (PLEASE, GET BACK TO US FOR GUIDANCE)
Requirements:

Passport: Your passport should not have a valid Saudi visa. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months prior the date you are planning to depart the country you are visiting. Your passport should have at least two adjacent blank pages.

Original visa application, fully completed neatly (no scratches, corrections or marks), dated and signed by you.
Two recent passport sized photos that are taken against a white or very light background: One photo should be stapled to the application and other should be left loose.
Company Letter from your country of citizenship: An original signed letter with a letter head of your registered Company in your country. The letter must state which type of visa you are applying for i.e. Single Entry or Multiple Entry. An exemplar of the letter is shown under the BUSINESS VISIT VISA SINGLE/MULTIPLE ENTRY section.
The number and date of your visa authorisation should be issued by the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Foreign Affairs and arranged by the sponsor in Saudi Arabia.
Original qualification degree/diploma.
An Air ticket, stating clearly the date you intend to depart your country and the date of arrival in Saudi Arabia.
In addition to the previous requirements, for long duration:

An experience letter showing at least 2 years of prior work experience in a similar/related field is required.
Original contract for temporary work signed by the sponsoring company and yourself.

BUSINESS VISIT VISA SINGLE/MULTIPLE ENTRY

A business visit visa is granted if you want to visit Saudi Arabia. Your visa can be for single entry or multiple entries.

Requirements:

Passport: Your passport should not have a valid Saudi visa. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months prior the date you are planning to depart the country you are visiting. Your passport should have at least two adjacent blank pages.

Original visa application, fully completed neatly (no scratches, corrections or marks), dated and signed by you.
Two recent passport sized photos that are taken against a white or very light background: One photo should be stapled to the application and other should be left loose.
An original signed letter with a letter head of your registered Company in your country, stamped by the local Chamber of Commerce, and addressed to the Consulate General of Saudi Arabia. The letter should state your position in the Company, the purpose for your visit, who will bear the cost of travel, the name of the sponsoring Saudi Arabian company. An exemplar letter is provided.
The number and date of your visa authorisation should be issued by the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Foreign Affairs and arranged by the sponsor in Saudi Arabia.
An Air ticket, stating clearly the date you intend to arrive in and depart from Saudi Arabia.
The Visa application form should state whether the required visa is single or multiple entries, as specified in the letter of invitation.

AN EXEMPLAR OF A LETTER

Date: (enter date)

Consulate-General of Saudi Arabia, ( address)
Re: (Multiple/single) entry business visit visa for (applicant’s name)

Dear Sir,

On behalf of (Company Name, activity of the company), please issue a {Multiple/single} entry visit visa for (full name of employee and passport number), (position within the company), in order for him/her to travel to Saudi Arabia as soon as possible.

Our company will bear the full cost of his visit to Saudi Arabia. Your help and assistance in this matter will be much appreciated and our sincere thanks are forwarded in anticipation. You are welcome to call the under-signed if further clarification is required.

Yours sincerely, (Signature) (Name) (Position)

(Company Name)
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leno wrote:

For reference, you copied/pasted this info from a visa agent in New Zealand.

BTW, visa types have already been covered. See the sticky, Demystifying the Saudi visa types.
Leno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Leno wrote:

For reference, you copied/pasted this info from a visa agent in New Zealand.

BTW, visa types have already been covered. See the sticky, Demystifying the Saudi visa types.

good luck to you for your job in Sauid Arbia. But always , remembe always contact the consulate or local visa agent for more info, as I have no idea what type of visa your have been offered by your Saudi boss.
If you havent applied for your saudi visa yet, there are some more info to check so that you might ge tsome ideas what needs to be done & not.
https://cibtvisas.co.uk/saudi-arabia-visa?login=WORL0223
Arenta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the sticky thread on visas but have a question not covered there.

If a visa is referred to as a "visit visa" does this mean it is simply a visa to visit the country, as in being a tourist, or does it mean it is a business visa?

I've asked the potential employer this question but until I get a response I'd appreciate it if any one could give me the answer.
Motorcycleman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Work Visit Visa Reply with quote

I have been working on Work Visit Visa for the past year and have not encountered any problems. I don't have a local bank account and I can't own a car, but I don't need/want these anyway. On the upside, it's multi-entry/exit, and I have had no problems getting a SIM in my own name (but it is limited to one which may be an issue if you want your own internet router).
Arenta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Work Visit Visa Reply with quote

Motorcycleman wrote:
I have been working on Work Visit Visa for the past year and have not encountered any problems. I don't have a local bank account and I can't own a car, but I don't need/want these anyway. On the upside, it's multi-entry/exit, and I have had no problems getting a SIM in my own name (but it is limited to one which may be an issue if you want your own internet router).

But do you know if a visa that is referred to as a "visit visa" means what you have - a Work Visit Visa? To me, a visit visa without the word "work" in front of it sounds like an ordinary tourist visa you apply for to simply enter the country as a tourist.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arenta wrote:
If a visa is referred to as a "visit visa" does this mean it is simply a visa to visit the country, as in being a tourist, or does it mean it is a business visa?

It's fairly straight forward; you're either a sponsored visitor or a legal resident. There are numerous types of visit visas -- each based on the specific purpose of the visit, which is indicated in Arabic on the visa along with the name of the sponsor. Plus, the requirements to obtain a tourist visa aren't the same as those for a business visa.
Arenta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:

It's fairly straight forward; you're either a sponsored visitor or a legal resident. There are numerous types of visit visas -- each based on the specific purpose of the visit, which is indicated in Arabic on the visa along with the name of the sponsor. Plus, the requirements to obtain a tourist visa aren't the same as those for a business visa.

Thanks for that. Do you know by any chance that if you are sent a visa
by email to take to your local consulate to be stamped & put into your passport, this means it's already paid for? No problem if you don't know.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arenta wrote:
Do you know by any chance that if you are sent a visa by email to take to your local consulate to be stamped & put into your passport, this means it's already paid for?

Paid for by who? Besides, that document is the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs' authorization for the visa and not the visa itself. You may not even see this document since it's in the MoFA's system. Regardless, you're responsible for paying a private visa agent to facilitate your biz or work visit visa application unless your prospective Saudi sponsor "graciously" does so up front.
siologen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: re: depends.... Reply with quote

Hello all,

Been away a long time, recharging the batteries amongst other things.

I do know from experience that a direct hire employer will normally do all the legwork involved and cover the cost of the visa for you.

I would imagine if you are required to pay, keep the receipts, and you will get it refunded although it is better to double check this with the employer/recruiter in question.

Cheers on,
S
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: re: depends.... Reply with quote

siologen wrote:
I do know from experience that a direct hire employer will normally do all the legwork involved and cover the cost of the visa for you.

There's generally zero legwork and time involved in getting a biz or work visit visa, which is why this visa type appeals to sponsors and some job seekers.
siologen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: re: I agree.. Reply with quote

Quote:
There's generally zero legwork and time involved in getting a biz or work visit visa, which is why this visa type appeals to sponsors and some job seekers.

I agree. But the last time I was in contact with an employer, I was told they would have a visa agent in London to save me the bother of going to the Saudi Embassy there, just needed to post in my passport to said agent. That is why in the past I have been enquriing about Bahrain, i.e, fly to Bahrain, hang around there couple of days, get the biz or work visit visa, then into the KSA. Some prefer that, but to me I am easy going either way. Probably better to have it in your passport before you go to the KSA from your home country, and land with it in the KSA on arrival.
Arenta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Arenta wrote:
Do you know by any chance that if you are sent a visa by email to take to your local consulate to be stamped & put into your passport, this means it's already paid for?

Paid for by who?

Obviously by the sponsor. That is why I said if you are sent a visa by email and told to take it to your local Saudi embassy.

nomad soul wrote:
Besides, that document is the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs' authorization for the visa and not the visa itself. You may not even see this document since it's in the MoFA's system.

Which document are you referring to? The one which I was told was a visa?

nomad soul wrote:
Regardless, you're responsible for paying a private visa agent to facilitate your biz or work visit visa application unless your prospective Saudi sponsor "graciously" does so up front.

Not necessarily. It depends on whether the sponsor has said they will pay for it. In my case they said they would.
Arenta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: re: depends.... Reply with quote

siologen wrote:
Hello all,

This isn't a direct hire. I wish it was but it isn't.

siologen wrote:
I would imagine if you are required to pay, keep the receipts, and you will get it refunded although it is better to double check this with the employer/recruiter in question.

Have you ever been required to pay the cost and claim it back later? I haven't been to KSA on a biz visa before so don't know. But I have heard people having problems with claiming back costs such as this so I'm a bit hesitant.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arenta wrote:
That is why I said if you are sent a visa by email and told to take it to your local Saudi embassy.
Which document are you referring to? The one which I was told was a visa?

Read the explanation Leno gave and the one from the sticky. That document is the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs' authorization for the visa and not the visa itself. (The doc is likely to be completely in Arabic.) If you've been told that it's your actual visa, then you should get clarification from the sponsor or the visa agent your sponsor is apparently paying. However, if you're expected to submit your visa application directly to the consulate (without an agent), then your prospective sponsor should provide you with a receipt of payment if they're claiming that your visa application fee was covered up front -- that it's already been paid for and you owe nothing. This scenario is unusual.

and Arenta wrote:
nomad soul wrote:
Regardless, you're responsible for paying a private visa agent to facilitate your biz or work visit visa application unless your prospective Saudi sponsor "graciously" does so up front.

Not necessarily. It depends on whether the sponsor has said they will pay for it. In my case they said they would.

That's the exception I mentioned. But again, it's unusual. Plus, the sponsor expects you to know what to submit and not use a visa agent. Odd. Anyway, get proof of payment if this for-profit company claims you owe the consulate nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: