Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yes, they are serious..........
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitsui

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy for you to say. When one works four days a week and needs extra money.
It is not like there are so many good jobs around, oh no.

I know a teacher who had a MA and he did use Craigslist in the past when he needed extra money. Most posts are no good but a few are OK.
marley'sghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wages have gone way, way down over the years, I think that's pretty obvious. Lots of factors at play. I've never actually looked at Craigslist itself, so I can't comment on that. Heard it's pretty crazy. But in recent years I have posted my profile some of the "Find-a-teacher" type lists. In the past, (10+ years ago) I could charge 5000-6000 a hour. But I was only getting students word of mouth, friend of a friend, so I was not really competing against anyone (and not getting a lot of work). That was fine. It was beer money in those days. Now that me and every other mercenary sensei in town has their smiling face up online , the competition is of course going to drive wages down. It's just economics. I charge 3000+tras+cup of coffee these days. It took a couple years, but I do about 10 hours a week now. Mostly at that rate (none are lower) and mostly with students who have contacted me through the sites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: