Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obviously there's a DATABASE or SHARING info from Recruiters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammysez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Obviously there's a DATABASE or SHARING info from Recruiters Reply with quote

Obviously, there's some type of "database" for prospective ESL teachers and/or "SHARING" of our info, especially when recruiters contact me that I have never applied to and set up an interview (without my permission or knowledge).

Just making sure everyone knows because these recruiters must be sharing our info. I'm assuming as with any field, most of the people in the field, know one another and/or share info, in our case, share info on potential candidates.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not "sharing" but "selling"
sicklyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Obviously there's a DATABASE or SHARING info from Recrui Reply with quote

sammysez wrote:
when recruiters contact me that I have never applied to and set up an interview (without my permission or knowledge).

At my level in the profession, we call this "headhunting."
Arenta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Obviously there's a DATABASE or SHARING info from Recrui Reply with quote

sammysez wrote:
especially when recruiters contact me that I have never applied to and set up an interview (without my permission or knowledge).

I've lost count of the number of times recruiters have contacted me who I've never heard of about jobs I'm not interested in. It's very clear they are sharing/selling our information. Not to mention claiming it was me who contacted them!

Evil or Very Mad
sammysez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally had someone in Saudi (or wherever the recruiter was located in cyberspace) contact me with an interview time and date and person at some university in Saudi already set up that I never heard of, nor ever applied to.

NOW, what are they telling the personnel at the university? That I was a "NO SHOW"??? then that looks bad on us.
Makkah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headhunting???? Laughing Laughing Grandiose visions Laughing Laughing
sicklyman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From where I'm sitting, it is indeed quite a view... Wink
Makkah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..oh.... I forgot, I did learn somebody was head hunted for a Chair at Oxford.
Other joe six pack ESl or DOS, Cur Dev, whatever, bit of a joke. Just looking for the desperate and/or vulnerable.
Lord T

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makkah wrote:
..oh.... I forgot, I did learn somebody was head hunted for a Chair at Oxford.
Other joe six pack ESl or DOS, Cur Dev, whatever, bit of a joke. Just looking for the desperate and/or vulnerable.

The truth can be painful at times, but those are exactly the sorts of people they are trying to recruit.
Arenta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammysez wrote:

NOW, what are they telling the personnel at the university? That I was a "NO SHOW"??? then that looks bad on us.

It could be that names are never mentioned to the employer. They probably just talk up what a great perfect candidate they have and then later contact the candidate about an "unexpected" delay in the interview and arrange another one. Nothing would surprise me with these ghost recruiters since they contact people as if they know them previously.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammysez wrote:
I literally had someone in Saudi (or wherever the recruiter was located in cyberspace) contact me with an interview time and date and person at some university in Saudi already set up that I never heard of, nor ever applied to.

To alert others, why not state the names of these recruiting agencies, contracting companies, and universities?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: