Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Market my online teaching directly to Chinese students?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon44

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Market my online teaching directly to Chinese students? Reply with quote

Has anyone had success in marketing their online teaching service directly to students/parents in mainland China?

I teach via several different Chinese online companies and, without exception, I'm very disappointed with their service Sad

Some are unable to provide more than a few student lessons each week.
Others rarely reply when/if I request support/technical support on some issue.
Yet others impose a strict policy of denying bonuses based solely on the student's feedback (or lack of it).

To be honest, I think I can do better by engaging directly with the students and cutting out the middleman. It would certainly reduce the hourly lesson cost for the student without a middleman.

My preference is to teach young students, because my online classroom is designed for that age group. (I use italki.com for the few adult students that I teach).

I've sorted out (and tested) the 'technical' aspects (website in Chinese, Wechat account, Manycam to allow easy switching between webcam and images/videos etc in my lessons etc).

Now I only need to market myself to a few of the 10's of millions of Chinese kids who want to learn English...

But how to do that? Advertising on Wechat seems limited to companies with big budgets.

I have a trip planned to China in the coming weeks. Would the old-fashioned 'drop a printed flyer at some schools' actually work better than digital marketing?

Suggestions most welcome Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: