Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A College in Al Hasa
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobartwells

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: A College in Al Hasa Reply with quote

If you see an ad for " a college in Al Hasa" , ask if it is NITI ( NeeTee).

The college is sadly known for summary massive firings/ layoffs of dozens of teachers.

Also, many students are extremely disrespectful of teachers, they mock them and make trouble.

The management can be ruthless.

Ask if this is NITI. If it is, think twice.
AbeCross

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Shabaka Reply with quote

Was this formerly known as Shabaka?
aseanteacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: NITI at Al Hassa Reply with quote

Sadly, I am being offered a position there. Bad place?
sicklyman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Shabaka Reply with quote

AbeCross wrote:
Was this formerly known as Shabaka?

no
sicklyman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: NITI at Al Hassa Reply with quote

aseanteacher wrote:
Sadly, I am being offered a position there. Bad place?

search this forum for "NITI" as there's a lot of into on the stresses of working there. Not somewhere I'd be planning to spend my working life...
niti team leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: nitii Reply with quote

It certainly is an acquired taste and unsuiotable for everyione.

We have lost 150 teachers since 2016 and of the 87 staff currently, only 4 have been here for more than 2 years.

The rest have been here for 5 weeks or less.

Salaries being cut all round, workload increased, asked to mark papers at home and proctor without overtime payment.

welcome to nitee
In the heat of the moment

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: nitii Reply with quote

niti team leader wrote:
It certainly is an acquired taste and unsuiotable for everyione.

We have lost 150 teachers since 2016 and of the 87 staff currently, only 4 have been here for more than 2 years.

The rest have been here for 5 weeks or less.

Salaries being cut all round, workload increased, asked to mark papers at home and proctor without overtime payment.

welcome to nitee

*my bolding*

Those are some crazy, chaotic figures! They raise some questions; firstly how can a Saudi college recruit 83 qualified, experienced, sane NETs and have them all get their visas and iqamas so close together? Secondly where the hell are they all going to live? That must rank alongside a small invasion in terms of logistics. And thirdly who's getting the recruitment bonus and is it paid by the government?

As to the work conditions, they must be worse than has been put here. We've all had our workload increased at some point, I've never been paid to proctor, and often mark work or make materials at home. I can't remember receiving a pay cut in any job, but had terrible minimum wage jobs when I was a youngster in Blighty. Even if my pay here was cut (in line with everyone else's) 10/20% I'd probably stay, although start looking elsewhere.
niti team leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: niti Reply with quote

Teachers are accommodated across 3 separate complexes spread across al hasa. Each with varying qualities of internet, wifi, hot water, amenities and transportation.

Most teachers are on work visas or business visas hence have to leave ksa every 30 or 90 days dependent on visa status.

No iqama equates not being able to send money back home via money remittance agents. Teachers are forces to beg other staff members or get students to send money back home!

Everyone is looking around for another opening - if they say they rent, they are lying, foolish or both!
In the heat of the moment

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad accommodation, no proper visa, you can't open a bank account or (without a lot of hassle) send money home, terribly behaved, disrespectful students, and no back up from management who use authoritative status, deception, physical power, favouritism, discrimination, denial or provision of rewards, peer pressure, providing misleading information, assignment of unachievable targets and making false promises... it must be the bottom of the barrel in ESL land that is the Sandpit.
Foo_Fighters_Dave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: niti Reply with quote

niti team leader wrote:
Teachers are accommodated across 3 separate complexes spread across al hasa. Each with varying qualities of internet, wifi, hot water, amenities and transportation.

Most teachers are on work visas or business visas hence have to leave ksa every 30 or 90 days dependent on visa status.

No iqama equates not being able to send money back home via money remittance agents. Teachers are forces to beg other staff members or get students to send money back home!

Everyone is looking around for another opening - if they say they rent, they are lying, foolish or both!

You have posted a lot about how unhappy you are. Why are you still there if it is so bad?

Also, your name is NITI TEAM LEADER. Why would you make that your name if it is so terrible?

You mentioned in a previous post that you have been there since 2014. Now you say 2016. Which one is it?

I am not trying to start a fight but am curious on why you have stayed there so long/ haven't left yet if it is so deplorable.

The amount of teachers there who are five weeks or less (I think you are exergerrating) is absloutely absurb,.

Are you a Native Speaking teacher? There are jobs that are better throughout the Kingdom including military and uni gigs.

Be proactive and leave. Find something better.
sicklyman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: niti Reply with quote

Foo_Fighters_Dave wrote:
You mentioned in a previous post that you have been there since 2014. Now you say 2016. Which one is it?

with that username, spreading disinformation about his history might be necessary!

Foo_Fighters_Dave wrote:
The amount of teachers there who are five weeks or less (I think you are exergerrating) is absloutely absurb,.

You may think it's "absurb", but he's not exaggerating.

The more I find out about this place, the worse it gets.
niti team leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: niti Reply with quote

Foo_Fighters_Dave wrote:
niti team leader wrote:

You have posted a lot about how unhappy you are. Why are you still there if it is so bad?

Also, your name is NITI TEAM LEADER. Why would you make that your name if it is so terrible?

I am not trying to start a fight but am curious on why you have stayed there so long/ haven't left yet if it is so deplorable.

Are you a Native Speaking teacher? There are jobs that are better throughout the Kingdom including military and uni gigs.

Be proactive and leave. Find something better.

Dear Sir

I have been working here since 2014, where have I said that I have now been working here since 2016 ? You sure have made some odd allegations.

The reason I stay here is none of your concern- save that I know that I am content here for all of its mismanaged methods and chaos - Plus I am too old and foolish to go anywhere else.

University teaching jobs in the UK are not what there were in the 1990s or even the noughties - I taught at Lampeter now Trinity St. Davids, for 12 years.

You may believe what you wish - I am merely answering how I see it.

Last edited by niti team leader on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Foo_Fighters_Dave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: niti Reply with quote

To NITI TEAM LEADER:

The reason I made these allegations is your previous posts on this forum. I am pasting two of your posts from two months ago concerning teaching on the Air Force Base in Dhahran.

Here is the link to the thread:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?p=1277301&highlight=#1277301

Here are two of your posts that you asked people here to help you get out of NITI:

Dear forum family

I wish to ask for your invaluable assistance in finding out about English language teaching at Dhahran for the royal air force.

If anyone has any experience in this field pleas ...

Thank you for your messages and replies.

Things are not going well at my current place of work. Hence all 17 of the remaining teachers are looking for work elsewhere.

Now you are saying you are happy to be there. Which one is it?

You were there since 2014 and know that they screw teachers. I can't imagine staying at a job for four plus years with the amount of turmoil that you have endured and are happy and will stay there becausse you are too old to leave.

To each their own. However when you make posts asking for tips on other jobs or unhappy you are there, I will ask you why you are staying.

You spent four years of your life with a company that treats their ELT's poorly. You admitted in a post that they don't pay overtime and are slashing salaries. Why not find a job that treats you well and pays you ok? F

Four years is a long time to work at a place that is terrible. You have been fishing for information about other jobs on this forum.
sicklyman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair to the team leader, it hasn't been like this for the entire four years he's been there. Things have got considerably worse in the last year or so.
niti team leader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: nitee Reply with quote

sicklyman wrote:
to be fair to the team leader, it hasn't been like this for the entire four years he's been there. Things have got considerably worse in the last year or so.

Dear Sir

I agree with you.

This year was quite poor in terms of mismanagement - ALL teachers were sent home for Ramadan for up to 2.5 months - accrued pay plus unpaid leave

Hence the exodus of so many members of staff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: