Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I bring my family with me when I teach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus.hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yurii wrote:
marcus.hammer wrote:

The only regions off my list are ones that involve an ongoing military conflict - or the potential for one. Off the top of my head, I wouldn't feel safe in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Syria, Zimbabwe, Venezuela or South Korea. Other countries that I might also shy away from are Honduras, El Salvador and Turkey. I am sure there are others, but I would have to research this more first.

Have a great day!

Are you sure you don't mean North Korea?

Unfortunately, the possibility of war is all to great for both.
marcus.hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:
You may be able to make it work in Latin America. In some countries like Mexico, homeschooling is technically illegal (as a violation of a child's right to attend school) but Mexico lacks the man power or will to prosecute things like that. So there are plenty of foreign "world school" families doing just that. If you are looking for encouragement, I suggest you avoid this forum and find a facebook group for families abroad, and find ways to make it work. You can get various income streams, some in person teaching, some online teaching, and some online web development work.

Thanks for the advice. I will do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: