Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wall Street English Co. in Vietnam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pioneer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Wall Street English Co. in Vietnam Reply with quote

Any information about teaching with Wall Street English in Vietnam?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never worked for them, but I did apply several years ago for an Indonesian location. From what I heard talking to teachers, Wall Street is a pretty good place to work where ever they are in the world. Small classes, lots of teacher support, and professional development. They seem to have pretty high standards for their franchises around the world, and are a good if you plan to continue in TESOL for the next few years, as they offer training and promotions from within the company, and they're in several countries so you can request to transfer within the company.
pioneer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Wall Street english Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I am about to have an interview with them and I like their professional way of dealing with the applicants, unlike some other companies I've dealt with recently. Live and learn Smile.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mattingly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that in Bangkok Wall St schools had an age limit of 35 for hiring.

Is this the case in Saigon?

Anyone know?
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattingly wrote:
I was told that in Bangkok Wall St schools had an age limit of 35 for hiring.

Is this the case in Saigon?

Anyone know?

That seems odd to me since they're marketed as 100% teaching adults. But then again, they are also known for putting a big emphasis on "appearance" as well. The centers in Indonesia were usually set up in shopping malls, with large clear windows so people could see into the classrooms.

However, if you want to teach small classes of 4-5 adults, that's a small trade-off when 90% of the market in Vietnam is teaching children or lecturing in university settings.
SpencerAssiff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to primarily be teaching adults. Do you know what some the requirements they are looking for are? I'm new to this so sorry if this is something someone already answered.
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpencerAssiff wrote:
I'm looking to primarily be teaching adults. Do you know what some the requirements they are looking for are? I'm new to this so sorry if this is something someone already answered.

All legal requirements to work in Vietnam + Native English speaker from one of the 7 usual countries.

They also state that experience with the target age group is preferred.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thesedays, except for the very smallest ones, schools have some sort of Internet presence.If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will see the requirements:

http://careers.wallstreetenglish.edu.vn/position/teacher-71.html

As for the age requirement, I have seen this mentioned somewhere as well, although I thought the limit was 40. Anyway, as a multinational corporate English school, I am sure they are looking for a few good-looking sharp(ly)-dressed men to drive the ladies wild.
reblair79

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Wall Street English Co. in Vietnam Reply with quote

pioneer wrote:
Any information about teaching with Wall Street English in Vietnam?

How did you get on? I have an interview with them next week.
White Boy 55

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Not sure about Vietnam Reply with quote

Having lived in Korea for 15 years I have to say the have one of the eorst reputations in that country. In Vietnam it may well be different.
White Boy 55

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Not sure about Vietnam Reply with quote

Having lived in Korea for 15 years they have the worst reputation. Not sure about here though.
reblair79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Not sure about Vietnam Reply with quote

White Boy 55 wrote:
Having lived in Korea for 15 years they have the worst reputation. Not sure about here though.

What specifics have you heard which gives them the bad reputation?
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reputation can vary by country. For example in Indonesia, wallstreet has a great reputation, and is considered one of the best places to work.

I've never worked for them myself, but nearly accepted a job they offered me 5 years ago. I've always veen impressed by their professionalism and small class sizes. You also have no prep, as all their lessons are made and you just show up to teach.

It's basically an ideal setting for a lot of people. If i could repeat my first 5 years of teaching English i would have gone with them for at least 1 year.
SinaloaParcero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is they require natives with degrees to also have an "in class TEFL/TOFL/CELTA" to be hired.
reblair79

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExpatLuke wrote:
Reputation can vary by country. For example in Indonesia, wallstreet has a great reputation, and is considered one of the best places to work.

I've never worked for them myself, but nearly accepted a job they offered me 5 years ago. I've always veen impressed by their professionalism and small class sizes. You also have no prep, as all their lessons are made and you just show up to teach.

It's basically an ideal setting for a lot of people. If i could repeat my first 5 years of teaching English i would have gone with them for at least 1 year.

Hi Luke, I have the same thoughts about them. I applied to them for those reasons and have just been offered a position with them after my two stage interview. Very excited for my first teaching job and looking forward to discovering Vietnam and HCMC!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: