Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing jobs and all the hassle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not able to get a criminal check in China. Moved from Sichuan to Jiangsu and was required to get one from the US, even after 9 solid years in Sichuan. It was fairly simple, but needed someone in the US to submit the paperwork and get the finger prints done in China. A state check was enough, and once issued it was authenticated with a Chinese company. I can give you the link for the company if you pm me. They also authenticated my degree. It is around 2000 yuan per document.
Mixal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the replies, much appreciated.
Elicit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At some point one questions whether it’s all really worth the hassle. Best to try and find a ‘good’ job, whatever that is, and stick with it, considering all the messing around involved in switching employers. Not an easy task admittedly.
twowheel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elicit wrote:
At some point one questions whether it’s all really worth the hassle. Best to try and find a ‘good’ job, whatever that is, and stick with it, considering all the messing around involved in switching employers. Not an easy task admittedly.

Seconded.

Warm regards,
twowheel
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hassle was made a lot simpler as my new employer reimbursed all costs involved. If not, I would probably be a much angrier person at the moment.
twowheel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
The hassle was made a lot simpler as my new employer reimbursed all costs involved. If not, I would probably be a much angrier person at the moment.

nmdcm,

Thank you for reminding me of this. I need to check with my future employer to see what they will reimburse. That may make things a tad bit sweeter/bitterer (sic).

Warm regards,
twowheel
Brunouno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had my RP transferred from Suzhou to Beijing last month. I was dreading the headaches that I thought would be involved, but it was surprisingly very simple. I only needed to supply my new employer my authenticated degree, release letter, a couple of 2 inch photographs and my passport. Nothing else whatsoever. My previous RP (Suzhou) was done under the new system, so that may have something to do with the ease of it all -- I don't know. I've never provided an authenticated police check, so take it with a grain of salt if people say it must be done.

As other posters have stated, I think it's best advice to be first concerned about finding a good job and allowing your new FAO to sort things out and let you know what rigmarole will be involved.
getbehindthemule

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brunouno wrote:
I just had my RP transferred from Suzhou to Beijing last month. I was dreading the headaches that I thought would be involved, but it was surprisingly very simple. I only needed to supply my new employer my authenticated degree, release letter, a couple of 2 inch photographs and my passport. Nothing else whatsoever. My previous RP (Suzhou) was done under the new system, so that may have something to do with the ease of it all -- I don't know. I've never provided an authenticated police check, so take it with a grain of salt if people say it must be done.

As other posters have stated, I think it's best advice to be first concerned about finding a good job and allowing your new FAO to sort things out and let you know what rigmarole will be involved.

Yeah, I'm in the process of changing my work permit. I was a bit concerned about the hassle involved.
The FAO at my new school is looking after all of it. I've just had to call a couple of times to sign a few forms and leave in my passport. I havent been asked for police check or authenicated degree.
The next step will be to leave my passport back into her again in a month's time where she will convert my RP for me.
(this is within Shanghai, it is a long but pretty painless process on my part thus far)
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. The new school FAO is the key.
getbehindthemule

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non Sequitur wrote:
Great. The new school FAO is the key.

Yes mate, I think that combined with leaving your old position on good terms is key for a smooth transition.
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they (old school) ask you to re-sign and you decline, be very polite. Don't let them lose face. Cite a new GF whose begging you to relocate.
theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I relocated recently and Jiangsu is making it difficult.

I couldn't be bothered with this nonsense anymore, I'm out in summer.
Blistering Zanazilz

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theoriginalprankster wrote:
I relocated recently and Jiangsu is making it difficult.

I couldn't be bothered with this nonsense anymore, I'm out in summer.

And back again in the fall Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: