Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few questions..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
litterascriptor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: A few questions.. Reply with quote

I have my eye on Taichung City. From what I'm seeing the climate isn't quite as torrid as other parts of Taiwan. It also seems a little less overrun by foreign teachers?

I'm in my 40s, I'm winding down my stay here in China, and I'm looking to make the jump to Taiwan.

I have a dog, I have a bachelor's degree, and I'm not overly picky about where I work. I'm looking at Japan, Taiwan, or South Korea for a year for the hell of it. I've worked in Korea, so I'd rather go with Japan or Taiwan. Looking to round out my time in Asia with a year in a different country.

How possible/difficult would it be for me to schlep my bespectacled hearing aid wearing self and dog to Taichung and get a half-decent job?
phdinfunk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taichung is nice anyway. My girlfriend lived there for eight years of me dating her. When I lived in Taipei, no matter how the weather was up north, it was always a little bit better when I went to Taichung. Cold and rainy in Taipei? Maybe not hot and sunny, but warmer nicer by a few degrees in Taichung. Beautiful sunny day in Taipei? Just slightly cooler and windier and still beautiful in Taichung. Every time, an improvement.

How easy is it to get a job there? That's hard to say. Places hire, though. Perhaps search tealit or forumosa for job listings there?

Can you afford to take a trip and float for awhile to make contacts and find something?

If not, maybe start working at a totally crappy chain like Hess, and change jobs as you please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: