Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wages for Managerial Positions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happeningthang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Wages for Managerial Positions Reply with quote

Hey all -

I'm just wondering what the expectations are - or what is being offered in the Chinese ESL world for those taking on managing roles.

So that's for things like preparing curriculum, recruiting, training and evaluation of staff etc...

People have quoted me a range from 25,000 - 40,000 - but I certainly don't see them advertissed... How can I check on this?
Elicit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Wages for Managerial Positions Reply with quote

happeningthang wrote:
How can I check on this?

In my limited experience, for jobs like these ‘they’ check on you.

I received an invite to apply for a curriculum development role at a well known language school here through LinkedIn. They didn’t balk at my minimum RMB 30k salary expectation whatsoever and asked me to submit samples of work.

In the end, I decided to stay on with the university level teaching because it is possible to earn a similar figure with much more holiday. Was tempting though.

My advice is... if you have the right shade of qualifications/experience and make yourself visible someone will find you. You can pm if you want the recruiter’s contact details because this happened just a few weeks ago.
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are promoted from the ranks of FTs expect no more than an extra RMB500 per month.
Direct entry from outside then I guess you have a negotiating platform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: