Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saudis are playing a game called "Win the contract"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revilo

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Saudis are playing a game called "Win the contract" Reply with quote

And the players are Chenega Applied Solutions and Advancia Technologies. I'm thinking of applying but the destination is the same: King Abdulaziz Air Base. These are not your normal contractors:

Advancia Tech is from the Potawatomi tribe in Wisconsin. They have several military contracts (mostly involving vehicle operation and small arms use).

Chenega Applied Solutions is from the Alaska native village corp. (Eskimos?!?) administering training to Saudis?!? Likewise, they do military contracts for the U.S. & foreign governments.

Does anyone have info on what the Saudis expect from 2 contractors to teach English on the same base? Is there going to be a winner and loser?

Furthermore, what did American contractors do to lose Saudi business? Is Blue Force out of the picture? From what I see, Vinnell is still advertising but you'd have to be nuts to apply there.
sheikhitnow

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of April this year my former Qassim colleagues were still going strong at Blue Force.
sicklyman

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Saudis are playing a game called "Win the contract& Reply with quote

revilo wrote:
the Potawatomi tribe in Wisconsin.... Alaska native village corp.

Er they sound more American than you are to me Rolling Eyes
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revilo wrote:
These are not your normal contractors:

Advancia Tech is from the Potawatomi tribe in Wisconsin. They have several military contracts (mostly involving vehicle operation and small arms use).

Chenega Applied Solutions is from the Alaska native village corp. (Eskimos?!?) administering training to Saudis?!?
Furthermore, what did American contractors do to lose Saudi business?

Last I checked, Wisconsin and Alaska are states in the USA. Rolling Eyes

Like some private businesses in the US, these contracting companies are minority owned. It's not a new phenomenon.
revilo

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when was the last time you sold small arms or Strykers to the Saudis?
When discussing military contractors, I don't give a rat's ass about how many igloos they can build.
I want to know if they pay their employees on time and if they are fair with employees. Raytheon, Blue Force, Booz Allen and BAE all have long histories of lavish salaries and demanding work for their employees. What sort of histories do Chenega and Advancia have?
If I want someone to point out that Wisconsin is in the USA, I'll ask Capt. Obvious.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revilo wrote:
I want to know if they pay their employees on time and if they are fair with employees. Raytheon, Blue Force, Booz Allen and BAE all have long histories of lavish salaries and demanding work for their employees. What sort of histories do Chenega and Advancia have?

Speaking of Captain Obvious... it is obvious that no one can answer these questions as these two organizations seem to have no history in education in Saudi ...

(what with the fact that you are the one who rather suggested that they weren't American... as interpreted by now 3 posters... LOL)

VS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revilo wrote:
When discussing military contractors, I don't give a rat's ass about how many igloos they can build.

Chill with the ethnic stereotypes. Those "igloo builders" include an educated management team experienced in military, business and contracting. Plus, one of Chenega's subsidiaries presently provides ELT for the Saudi Air Force at Sheppard AFB in Texas.
AbeCross

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: It is still all about wasta Reply with quote

OP said:

"Furthermore, what did American contractors do to lose Saudi business? Is Blue Force out of the picture? From what I see, Vinnell is still advertising but you'd have to be nuts to apply there."

It is still a matter of wasta. However, in view of major government shakeups over the past year or so, those who have wasta today are probably not those who had it in previous years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: