Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting a Z Work Visa in Ottawa, Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigZen

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Getting a Z Work Visa in Ottawa, Canada Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Any Canadians out there who have gotten their Work Z Visa in Ottawa?

BigZen
Marinx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is there being processed at the moment; I had to use a document service because I don't live close to Ottawa.

What is your question?
BigZen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marinx,

Thank you for the reply. I live in Japan and will be visiting Ottawa for two weeks in early August, so my question is, "Can I get everything done to obtain the Z Work Visa in 10 working days?" From what others have written in regard to some of my other posts about this matter, the only thing I can do from here in Japan beforehand to help in expediting the process is use a document service like you are to send my highest degree to get notarized and then authenticated at the Chinese Embassy. Since I no longer live in Ottawa, I cannot get the Criminal Background Check through the Ottawa Police, who now require you to be a resident of the area. I went to the local Police HQ here in Japan, and they can take my prints, and I can send them by regular mail to a service which will transfer them to a digital format, and then send them to the RCMP for a Criminal Background Check. According to the RCMP's website it takes 3-4 working days, but like the Visa for China Office in Ottawa, they state on their website, that due to the volume of applications, there can be delays. For the health check, I will go to a Walk-In Clinic, like the one I used in the summer of 2015 to get one done for a visa for Saudi Arabia. My concern is then going to one of these private labs to get the blood tests, X-Rays etc., which is done by a first come, first serve basis. According to the Embassy of China's website, they do offer a 'rush service.' My future employer (a university), has said they will help me in anyway they can, which would in this case, allow me to show up later than the start of classes on September 1st in China, if my application is delayed. According to the inquiries I have made, if the paperwork is not completed before I fly back to Japan on August 15th, I could have it mailed to me here. Sorry for the long ramble.

BigZen
Marinx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I purchased their "premium" service, it would take 3-5 business days to get my police check and degree authenticated and legalized. If you went there and did it yourself you would have plenty of time for that.

But you need the police check first obviously. Do you know if the RCMP will accept your fingerprints etc. from Japan and start the process before you get here? 3-4 working days sounds like the absolute best case scenario, do they say how they return the check to you? I got my local police check back in about 2 weeks from the date I submitted it.

Has the university told you that the health check is required? The university I'm going to in Guangdong province has allowed me to give my health status by declaration, "I am healthy with no known physical or mental issues and no communicable diseases" sort of thing. When I get there I will go through their health check. Maybe you could at least ask them if they'll let you do it that way and save all that money. Your province may have different rules, though.

I'll see if there's anything I can find out about the RCMP check
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The university I'm going to in Guangdong province has allowed me to give my health status by declaration

You will likely still need to undertake a physical as part of your RP process once you arrive. That is usually at school's expense.
Marinx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non Sequitur wrote:
You will likely still need to undertake a physical as part of your RP process once you arrive. That is usually at school's expense.

Yes, I will still have to do it once I get there.
Marinx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marinx wrote:
I'll see if there's anything I can find out about the RCMP check

Unfortunately I can't tell you anything you don't already know!

All I could really learn is that there are accredited fingerprinting companies, to do what you talked about. You must already know whether or not they will take your prints from the police in Japan.

Thanks for bringing it up, I never would have guessed there was a way to get it done outside of the country! I thought for sure you had to apply in person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: