Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American English Workshop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missmoose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: American English Workshop Reply with quote

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with American English Workshop.
http://www.americanenglishworkshop.com/

Can't seem to find much online positive or negative.

Thanks very much! Surprised
Jmbf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a discussion with the owner a couple of years ago. He was a reasonable guy with a lot of experience although we disagreed on a couple of issues.

They seem to advertise a lot, certainly a few years ago they were expanding quite rapidly. Not sure about now though.
hotornot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Attitude Not Gratitude Reply with quote

Well I spoke to the dude at the American Workshop in HK. He seems to have a massive chipperooni on his shoulder when asked questions about the salary vs cost of living in HK one of the worlds most expensive cities.

High turnover judging by the nonstop advertising.

The reflags are all there from the onset, why keep going in that direction? Lots of jobs in China and HK that don't constantly advertise due to erratic management.
Jmbf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Attitude Not Gratitude Reply with quote

hotornot wrote:
Well I spoke to the dude at the American Workshop in HK. He seems to have a massive chipperooni on his shoulder when asked questions about the salary vs cost of living in HK one of the worlds most expensive cities.

What did he have to say about it?
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Individuals wishing to advertise schools, recruiting agencies, etc., on this site should do so via the appropriate links provided here. Advertisements not adhering to this policy will be deleted.
AEW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Housing Reply with quote

I do most of the interviewing for AEW. If someone got a bad answer about housing it was probably my fault. Every applicant has questions about many things and I do my best to answer them. If someone seems offended by my tone or the answers I give then I generally assume they are a snowflake and the company is better off without that employee. See, this way I am never to blame for anything!

Having a sense of humor is a wonderful gift!

Tim
AEW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: