Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work Visa for Americans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaabFanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Work Visa for Americans Reply with quote

I've received a decent job offer with British Council in Doha which I'd like to accept, as I'd be able to do my DELTA with them while working. British Council in Doha doesn't seem to have any experience with obtaining a work visa for Americans, and for several weeks I was given inaccurate information in regards to what I needed to obtain and provide for the work visa. The agency that British Council is utilizing seems to be located in Dubai.

There are surely many Americans working in Qatar so it mustn't be impossible to obtain a work visa, however, I've contacted several reputable agencies here in the states such as TravelVisaPro, and all of the agencies here have said they can't help.

Do any Americans here have any experience obtaining a work visa for Qatar? What exactly do I need to provide, and what is the standard procedure? I imagine that I need to obtain the work visa through the Qatari Embassy in Washington, DC, travel to Qatar with the visa in hand, and then I will go through the medical in-country in order to obtain the residence visa.

I've got the criminal background check, and I'm obtaining certified copies of my diploma, transcripts, and a letter from my university, which I plan to have notarized and then legalized (apotsilled) by the office of the Massachusetts of State. This is what the visa agency in Dubai has requested.

Thanks!
helenl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sponsor, in this case I assume is the British Council in Qatar, is the only body that can apply for your work visa. You cannot. From the info in your post it seems the Qatar British Council does not do so?

As an independent person, you cannot obtain a work visa on your own.

The visa agency in Dubai is stringing you along. UAE is one of the countries which are part of the Qatar blockade. Don't send the agency any money because they can't do anything to obtain a visa for you in Qatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: