Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WSE VVIP interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w13031

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: WSE VVIP interview Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of the VVIP interview at WSE?

I had a first interview and then I was told I need to have a second interview for VVIP lessons......
Elicit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume it’s a case of style over substance. The question they’ll likely be asking themselves is if they will be able to pimp you out as it were. I for one would be in my favourite pink suit and white loafers for the occasion.
rogerwilco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both "WSE" and "VVIP" are enough to make me not want to bother applying.

WSE is the McDonald's of teaching.

Long hours, quantity over quality, sales quotas, etc.

Don't worry about the interview, my guess is that they offer jobs to almost anyone that applies.
Foo_Fighters_Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they send you material to make a lesson plan or do you have to make everything from scratch?

Whenever I had to make a "lesson plan" the school would send me a section from a book and I would make a lesson plan out of it.
Elicit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foo_Fighters_Dave wrote:
Do they send you material to make a lesson plan or do you have to make everything from scratch?

WSE have their own special teaching material and methodology. I believe it to be print and go lessons. Dunno about the Business and VVIP classes though. Maybe they use Market Leader, International Express or even some of the OUP English for... series for these classes. I don’t plan on joining the cult and finding out for sure mind.
jimpellow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogerwilco wrote:
Both "WSE" and "VVIP" are enough to make me not want to bother applying.

WSE is the McDonald's of teaching.

Long hours, quantity over quality, sales quotas, etc.

Don't worry about the interview, my guess is that they offer jobs to almost anyone that applies.

Compared to some of the Wall Street knock-offs like Web, I would say they make a better attempt to maintain quality.

It used to be fairly difficult to get a position with them. Stagnant salaries, a somewhat tarnished reputation and the problems that other schools have been experiencing in attracting and retaining qualified teachers has made them less picky. HR is level headed, but a fair number of the center managers are still selfish egotistical little Napoleons. If he gets one of them for his interview, he should rightly be worried. They reject just about everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: