Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saudi Labour Clause 77 & Termination Remunerations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanWilson1881

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Saudi Labour Clause 77 & Termination Remunerations Reply with quote

I have a question about the termination of employment in case one had to leave before they finished their contract. In the contract I was given it mentions Clause 8 Notice for Termination “In the event either party wishes to terminate the this agreement before the end date, then the party that wishes to terminate the agreement pay the same explained in Clause 77 of the Saudi labor law. The last salary paid would be the basis of any calculation in this regard as per clause (96) in Saudi labor law.”.

As far as I can tell this would mean I would have to pay the remaining months of my salary (say I had to leave after 9 months I would have to pay the remaining 3 to my employer) or vice versa unless their was a reasonable cause or it occurred within the 90 day probationary period.

I don’t plan on leaving before a year or two but I like to know the specifics of my contract and know what the consequences are in case of emergency.

Has anyone had any experience with this?
Lord T

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect, I've never heard of Tefl teachers having to pay their employer in the way you mention. Every contract should tell you how many week's/month's notice you have to give to your employer, should you wish to leave, but you don't have to pay them anything.

If it were the case that we had to pay employers the remaining salary we would have earned, I imagine the agencies would offer very long contracts
and make the job a living hell. - they would make a fortune.

That said, who knows these days!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: