Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Berlitz Al-Ahsa
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanWilson1881

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Berlitz Al-Ahsa Reply with quote

Hello,

I was just offered a one year contract with a language center in Al-Ahsa. I cannot find any reviews for the language center online but I was given the e-mail of a teacher who worked there and everything he says seems to check out.

I know Berlitz is a huge international operation and I e-mailed their Saudi Arabia office and they said Berlitz Al-Ahsa is not affiliated with them.

Has anyone ever heard of Berlitz Al-Ahsa or do they know of anyone who worked for them?
ayatollah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: berlitz Reply with quote

Avoid. Like the plague.
IanWilson1881

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you elaborate on that a bit please?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do a search here for Berlitz in Saudi? It has consistently received the same advice as above. LOL Berlitz has always been pretty much bottom of the barrel, entry level job... low pay and long hours. It is a job... if one is desperate for a job, but it appears that you already have one based on your other post.

VS
IanWilson1881

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my search online.

This would be an entry level position for me in the Middle East. I have one year TEFL experience in Vietnam.

I don't mind the hours and the pay is relatively high compared to my other options outside the Middle East. Saudi Arabia was the only country in the Middle East I seemed able to find a job with only a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, a TEFL Certificate (120 hour onsite and in classroom) and a year's TEFL experience.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanWilson1881 wrote:
This would be an entry level position for me in the Middle East. I have one year TEFL experience in Vietnam.

I don't mind the hours and the pay is relatively high compared to my other options outside the Middle East. Saudi Arabia was the only country in the Middle East I seemed able to find a job with only a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, a TEFL Certificate (120 hour onsite and in classroom) and a year's TEFL experience.

Berlitz on your CV/resume will likely keep you at an entry level; the Berlitz method is not the kind of "credible" experience employers want to see.

If you're not stuck on the Mid East, look into China for decent pay with your qualifications.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanWilson1881 wrote:
I did my search online.

I was referring to a search here using the little "search" button at the top right next to the log in. Google searches aren't as directed to the area.

That way you will be able to read actual teacher experiences back through the years.

VS
Thomasmc89

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid them Ian.

I wasted 700 euro booking and re-scheduling flights for myself because they wouldn't help me sort out my KSA visa and told me it was "normal for teachers to pay for their own tickets". It's not by the way. Eventually I had to fly out to Bahrain sans job cos I'd already booked the tickets and search for another KSA job from there.

Search for other jobs in Saudi, there are plenty of reputable companies.
asimo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,

I worked there before, I honestly would avoid this company.

I had a 2 yrs contract in which i had only worked for 1 yr due to an unnecessary dispute with the visa renewal process!

I know that there are other companies hiring with better working conditions.
Arenta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="veiledsentiments"
I was referring to a search here using the little "search" button at the top right next to the log in. Google searches aren't as directed to the area.

That way you will be able to read actual teacher experiences back through the years.

VS[/quote]

Hi, maybe you could help me out here. When I use the search bar, "site search" (top right hand) it directs me to the Google page instead of this site. I tried it with Berlitz-Al Hasa to see what others have said but can only get to Google. The same has happened with other searches too. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I use the search bar, "site search" (top right hand) it directs me to the Google page instead of this site. I tried it with Berlitz-Al Hasa to see what others have said but can only get to Google. The same has happened with other searches too. What am I doing wrong?

It's the search box located under the heading "Job Discussion Forums."
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never use the "site search" ... use the little search box next to the FAQ... and log in boxes.

VS
Arenta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nomad soul"]
Quote:

It's the search box located under the heading "Job Discussion Forums."

Thanks
Arenta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
Never use the "site search" ... use the little search box next to the FAQ... and log in boxes.

VS

Thanks Smile
Jerusalem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Berlitz Al-Ahsa Reply with quote

IanWilson1881 wrote:
Hello,

I was just offered a one year contract with a language center in Al-Ahsa. I cannot find any reviews for the language center online but I was given the e-mail of a teacher who worked there and everything he says seems to check out.

I know Berlitz is a huge international operation and I e-mailed their Saudi Arabia office and they said Berlitz Al-Ahsa is not affiliated with them.

Has anyone ever heard of Berlitz Al-Ahsa or do they know of anyone who worked for them?

Be careful working with them, they will cheat you and play dirty with you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: