Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working in Colombia - Visa issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InglaterraInglaterra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Working in Colombia - Visa issues Reply with quote

Hello, I am a British native teacher that has a CELTA and many years teaching experience. I have never taught in Colombia but am very keen to work there. From doing research I have found that most employers won't offer a working visa so how can I get a job without a working visa? I would like to know if it is possible to organise a job/contract prior to arriving in Colombia? Due to my circumstances I cannot just turn up and hope to pick up work which is why I'd like to know the likelihood of finding work prior to arrival in Colombia. I have had a look into the Ministry of Education program and would appreciate any knowledg/experience regarding this? I am particularly interested to work in Bogota, MedellĂ­n or Cartagena, so I would be grateful for advice on where to work/apply in these locations. Thanks
CTravel32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you hear that an employer does not offer a working visa? All of my employers sponsored my working visa and one even paid for it. Any legit employer at least sponsors. Otherwise, how can you work?

You absolutely can show up to Colombia without a job and land one once you are there. However, in my three years in the country, I noticed it was becoming more and more over saturated with teachers. I would try another more under the radar Latin country if I were you and travel around Colombia for an extended time when you get the chance during vacation time. Just my advice.
hotornot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Visa is standard with Offer Reply with quote

Any company that is legit will offer to assist you with your visa and bank account up front and even send you a contract in advance. They will do a couple of Skype interviews and check you out.

Anything less than that you will be working for a low paying job that won't cover more than rent and food at a basic level.

Yes good employers in Colombia do offer full VISA sponsorship. And medical.

They do have good schools and companies, and a well educated population. For any professional teachers looking for jobs there they exist. Salaries at International Schools run about 2000 to 3000 USD plus plus...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: