Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Madness withdrawl and New York Yankees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arioch36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: March Madness withdrawl and New York Yankees Reply with quote

Where can I get the Yankees radio broadcast...in China

Okay, I am sure i will be ripped for it, but I miss coming home, turning on the Yankees game, turning off the sound, and listening to them on the radio. Actually I would do a book, or do work, and only occaionally listen to the game. But it would be very relaxing, order that pepperoni pizza (real pizza, not this China Pizza Hut Garbage). have the cold brewski, barbecue, whatever. Life's simple pleasures. I know for non-Americans, or Americans who never played baseball, baseball is long, tedious and boring. You are right. The good thing about soccer (football), is that although it is just as boring, it only lasts two hours or less.
Yes, I am also suffering from March Madness withdrawl. How many times do I have to tell the Chinese, with their love of Michael Jordan and Yao Ming, that the NBA sucks, college basketball is real basketball.
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you get Internet radio stations?
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: March Madness Reply with quote

I was never really into March Madness, but this year I was dying to see it. My alma mater is Marquette University in Milwaukee. They were in the top 4, but were thoroughly defeated in yesterday's match against Kansas (?). Kinda disappointing, but it was great to hear they had made it so far. In my last year, they were in the Sweet 16. What a great feeling that was! Go Warriors!! (Ooopps.. Sorry, they are now the Golden Eagles--STUPID name in my opinion!)
Buck Turgidson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU! Very Happy

"yesterday's match?" You have been hanging around too many Brits my friend. Laughing

Arioch, like the other poster mentioned, see if you can get broadcasts over the internet. Last year in Japan I was able to listen to most of the NFL playoffs and college basketball over the net. It may be a problem in China though.

And I will never understand the world's fascination with soccer. Rolling Eyes Baseball can be tedious but the complexities of the game make it interesting. I think this is why the Japanese love it so much, probably more than Americans. Soccer is just boring.

Buck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: