Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NIGHTSTRIKER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS Reply with quote

So I arrive on tourist visa....with a university in mind/contacted via e mail...they say o.k. come to China, we'll meet you.. Great.

Documents required??

I have them all - except transcript for Masters. All have been certified by other embasseys..

Is that required for presentation or simply suggested? I will NOT be able to acquire another set. Uni. says I never paid for a simple course taken after I graduated, but I have receipt buried somewhere at home. Therefor they will not issue a new set..talk about spirit of cooperation an assisting alumni!!

I never actually worried about this, as I never actually planned on teaching in Asia!!

I graduated many years ago and have 5 years in Asia..teaching!!

So newbees...consider this a WARNING...don't leave unattended matters, unattended...if your planning on trekking abroad. you never know wnat may befall upon you!!!!

NIGHTSTRIKER
NIGHTSTRIKER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: SOMEONE ANSWER PLEASE Reply with quote

If I didn't have a question, I would not have posted!!
MW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Tourist visa entry? Reply with quote

To work in China you must have a "Z" visa. You may enter on an "F" visa that can be changed to a "Z" visa but it is against immigration laws to change a tourist visa "L" to a working "Z" visa.

No reputable college with a competent Foreign Affairs Office would ever suggest that you enter on an "L" visa. They know the law.

A transcript of grades or a diploma with a BA or BS degree is all that is required. They do not even have to be certified as official. Not even in Shanghai or Beijing where they are the strictist.
noyb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you can enter on an "L" visa and the university will process the "Z" visa for you after your medical exam and other formalities.

Practically all governmental institutions in Guangdong will have you
enter on an "L" visa and semi-immediately scoot you off for the required
physical exam (best if taken in-country) and then process your work (Z) visa.
noyb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been a teacher. Thought that was clear from previous posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: