Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

72 Metra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaneth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: 72 Metra Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me what happened in the third (and final?) part of 72 Metra? I saw two mornings of it but was away for the third.

Now that I have a TV I'm developing a taste for modern Russian dramas. Not that I can understand more than 10% of the words.

How possible is it to find a cheap but workable used VCR? Now that I have my Batnik, my sailor shirt, and my rubber boots I'm thinking of making another purchase. Or maybe I should save up for an Ural.
Castro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaneth,

It's worth seeing!

Actually, I haven't seen it
but here is some Russian saying:
it's always better to see at least once than to listen 100 times.

To see the film you can buy it here (DVD / VHS / MPEG4)
http://www.ozon.ru/?context=detail&id=1665149&partner=loversnot
So, you can use your laptop.

As for VCR there are 2 ways:

1. new one - http://www.eldorado.ru/ - from 2500 r. or VCP (if you don't need to record TV movies) from 1800 r
2. used one - classifieds papers or http://komok.pp.ru/view/10/55 - from 800 r.

P.S. in Gorbushka everything is cheaper. Wink
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castro wrote:
P.S. in Gorbushka everything is cheaper. Wink

Not true! The DVDs at Leningradsky Vokzal are 100r while the ones at Gorbushka are 130-150r. Plus, at Leningradsky Vokzal, there are a few shops open 24/7 and I think the selection (don't confuse variety with quantity) is wider. I suspect at Gorbushka, they mostly have the same distributors, which if true, means they'll have the same DVDs.

Also, Tzaritzynskii Rynok (metro Tzaritzyna) and Sazelovsky metro has cheaper/better electronics (mostly computer stuff).

The Russians I know prefer Gorbushka for its music and home appliances.

CS
waxwing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaneth, do you really want me to tell you what happens, or are you gonna buy it? Smile

There is a nice(ish) twist of sorts at the end but actually I didn't like it that much. Like you, I struggle with the dialogue though, so I probably missed a lot of subtleties.
zaneth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Nice to get an idea of prices before buying something used. I would like to be able to record something off the TV. Might be useful for Russian to English translation practice for students.

No, I guess I should do the legwork to see it. I retract my request to have a spoiler broadcast.

Waxwing, I don't think your problems and my problems language-wise are comparable. Subtleties? I'm working on basic plot elements, here. I mostly like the movie for the visuals and the pace and the story elements I can catch without language.

Yikes, Gorbushka. I don't know if I'm ready for any place that GenXy right now. All those nerds and goths behind the counter. All that plastic, all that noise. Weird vibrations man. A little too intense. Are any of those other places a little mellower?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: