Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Granada, or on the beach of southern Spain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
globalgerrity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Teaching in Granada, or on the beach of southern Spain Reply with quote

Is it possible?

I am an experienced ESL teacher with a TESOL certificate, B.A. and one year of university-level experience. I'm from the US.

Is there a chance of finding work with pay that will keep a roof over my head, food in my belly, and fun in the sun in Granada?

How about down by the beach? Is that dreaming?

If neither of these ideas are possible, what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

China.
Olivia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey China,

I studied and worked in Granada for a year, and the truth is that teaching English in Granada and trying to make enough money to live off of is an impossible dream.

It is possible however to teach private classes, one on one. But working in a private language school is difficult. First of all, there aren't that many private language schools there, and second of all if you did get a job there you wouldn't work enough hours to make ends meet.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

Take care,

Olivia
CharlesTESOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known several people who have taught at private schools in Granada (along with a few private students) and did quite well by English teacher standards. I've also known people who have found work in Malaga, if you want a Southern beach locale. The best time to go to either place is September, as some academies start up from the middle of that month and others at the beginning of October. While it's not impossible, don't expect it to be easy. Good luck,

Last edited by CharlesTESOL on Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
SEndrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Teaching in Granada, or on the beach of southern Spain Reply with quote

globalgerrity wrote:
Is it possible?

I am an experienced ESL teacher with a TESOL certificate, B.A. and one year of university-level experience. I'm from the US.

Is there a chance of finding work with pay that will keep a roof over my head, food in my belly, and fun in the sun in Granada?

How about down by the beach? Is that dreaming?

If neither of these ideas are possible, what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

China.

Is it possible? yes

Is it probable? no

best place to find work in Spain is Madrid...there is work in the south, but being from the US presents some additional problems for you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: