Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hiring Times in Ecuador and Colombia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcriminger

Location: South Carolina now, South America by fall '04 (hopefully)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Hiring Times in Ecuador and Colombia? Reply with quote

I have a TEFL cert. and a B.A. but no teaching experience. I would like to find an ESL job in Ecuador or Colombia and have pretty much decided to plunge in without a job and knock on doors to find work. Does anyone know when language schools hire teachers in Ecuador and/or Colombia?
moonraven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends a lot on which cities you are looking at. In Cuenca, Ecuador, September is a good time to turn up. In Quito probably then and in January, but there are more schools and you could get hired at anytime. Forget about Guayaquil entirely.
kcriminger

Location: South Carolina now, South America by fall '04 (hopefully)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks moonraven, in Ecuador I'm thinking of Cuenca, maybe Ambato. In Colombia I'm looking at Medellin but have read conflicting views on availability of jobs there. Does anyone have experience with Cuenca, Ambato or Medellin?
moonraven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you BEEN to Ambato? Not much there, although it is less than an hour from there to Ba�os de Agua Santa--a fun place with mineral springs, a decent place to get a massage--and probably the only really good food in Ecuador! Cuenca has more possibilities. Medellin is a big city with a high crime rate....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: