Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How is Poland different from the 1960's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: How is Poland different from the 1960's Reply with quote

I last visited Poland in the days when Gierek was First Secretary of the PZRP. Big changes by now I am sure.

Is there anyone here who was around in "Polska Ludowa" who can compare then and now ?
GaryWolf

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scot

Just thought I’d respond to your post. Scot, I’ve noticed that you post a lot of replies on this site, mostly negative and derogative. I went onto msn chat once and it was just like that.

Why don’t you try getting into some chat rooms like msn etc? I’ve also noticed that you respond to a hell of a lot of posts too, which obviously means you read everything on the site. Why do you think that is Scot? Think about it.

Another thing I’ve noticed about you, is that you have exiled yourself to the middle east, and vowed never to return to your native UK. Didn’t you fit in in the UK Scot?

May be, just may be, it’s something in your personality Scot. I’m pretty well trained in clinical psychology and I believe you have some issues to deal with. Things that are much greater than the differences between “Polska Ludowa” then and now, don’t you think?

Any way, another issue Scot. Have you ever returned to the UK? If so, have you ever returned with a cat? I have a cat now. It was a Brazilian street cat that just adopted me. I’m thinking of taking back to the UK, but it’s gonna be expensive, I know it. Have you ever taken any pets back to the UK?

This is good therapy for you Scot. So come on, we’ll do it together.

Step 1

Don’t be negative in your response (an innocent cat is at stake)

Step 2

If you haven’t had any experience in this, try to think of something positive to recommend.

Step 3

Try to be supportive to my dilemma (remember the cat)

Step 4

Feel you’ve made a worthy contribution to society, of which you are a worthy member.

OK, now scot. Do you think you can help with the cat? By the way, his name is Glen.

Now don’t you think that this is a better topic for discussion than the difference between “Polska Ludowa” then and now? Admittedly, like all your comments, it’s now relevant to EFL, but then who’s watching? (your motto)

Any time I can be of help Scot, I’m always here OK

All the best

GaryWolf
scot47

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garywolf

Your cat will probably have to go into quarantine.

Negative posts ? Have a look at the world next time you are away from your cat. There are things to be negative about. We are careering down the road to Armageddon.

Maybe you had not noticed.
grahamb

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Paws off Glen! Glen is innocent! Fair play for Glen! Reply with quote

Get someone in Brazil to adopt said feline. Alternatively, feed him drug-filled condoms and use him as a mule.
Note for the literal-minded: suggestion A was entirely serious. Suggestion B was ever so slightly flippant (look it up in your dictionary).
scot47

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"well versed in clinical psychology"

Is that why you spent 7 years in Brazil with a cat for company ?
Mike_2003

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"well versed in clinical psychology"

Is that why you spent 7 years in Brazil with a cat for company ?

Receiving it perhaps? Laughing
khmerhit

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well-versed in clinical psychology" + seven years in Brazil + "Is that why yu exiled yourself to the Middle East, Scot"

= wanker!!!

Get a job at th Tavistock clinic, Gary. You and your cat can live in Bloomsbury and diagnose the tourists.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the problems of being a wrinkly nearly sixty Earth-years old is that I forget that other people have not been around for as long as me. I guess there is no one in the EFL scene today in Poland who also knew the Poska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa and the days of Gomulka and Gierek.

So it goes,
mike10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: