Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moderators, please advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheridan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Moderators, please advise Reply with quote

Why did my post "URGENT - Michigan Learning Scool - Japan, Gifu" end up in the Japan Forum when I posted on the General Discussion Forum????
Paul G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple housekeeping.

As you noted in your original post, it should have been in the Japan forum. It was allowed to stay on the General Discussion forum at your request because of the urgency involved.

When the thread deteriorated to the lonely hearts club banter, the urgency appeared to have diminished so it was moved to the appropriate forum.
sheridan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Moderators, please advise Reply with quote

Paul G

Your response shocked, dismayed and then appalled me to such an extent that I have been loathe to reply for fear of further "censorship".

Now that I have the information I needed to assist me make my decision re employment with the Michigan English School - Japan, I have decided to risk further "censorship" and question your response.

"When the thread deteriorated to the lonely hearts club banter, the urgency appeared to have diminished so it was moved to the appropriate forum."

Since when did urgency preclude the use of satire? Since when did the use of satire cancel out urgency?

What is the appropriate forum for lonely hearts club banter if not the General Discussion forum?

If the appropriate forum for lonely hearts club banter is not the General Discussion forum, why then has the post "Where are all the good women?" been allowed to flourish ad nauseum on the General Discussion forum?

Can you please assure me that your response to my satirical comment referring to the "Where are all the good women?" post is not a form of censorship or at the very least "punishment" for deriding male pomposity?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: