Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contract questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new horizons

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Contract questions Reply with quote

We are speaking to a recruiter about a position in S. Korea. So far, our experience with this recruiter is similar to what we've experienced with recruiters in the corporate U.S. We feel he is completely untrustworthy. I've spent the last five years reading and writing contracts so, I know that the one we've been given is crap. Also, it is different, worse, than the one on the school's website. Is it standard to attempt to negotiate a contract? If not, does one keep searching for a school with a decent contract and a decent reputation? Or trust that a good reputation cancels out a lousy contract?
Ki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget about the good reputation. Often recruiters make this up. Your best bet is always to go there in person. You can negotiate your contract no matter what the recruiter says. But if there is anything you still aren't happy with then walk away. Also-don't give them your documents, ie passport and degree! Good luck
Ki
new horizons

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

You pretty much reinforced the other information I've found. The second guy was a recruiter but, the first was with a school. The school my brother works for, oddly enough. It probably would have been fine but, when they refused to email a copy of the contract even he told us to use caution and back away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: