Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISL Sprachschule

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overcoat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: ISL Sprachschule Reply with quote

I've noticed that ISL Sprachschule in Koblenz are looking for English Teachers again. Does anyone have any experience with them?
The Overcoat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re
Hod

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ISL Sprachschule Reply with quote

The Overcoat wrote:
I've noticed that ISL Sprachschule in Koblenz are looking for English Teachers again

At 1100 euros a month, it's no bloody surprise they're looking for teachers again, is it?
The Overcoat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMSL, i'm trying to encourage anyone who has any experience of them to post on here or maybe get in touch by PM. I've read about them on other fora and know of one person who had the dubious pleasure of working for them, but I'd be interested to know if they have changed at all. Cool
mrblue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: ONLY WORK FOR THEM IF............. Reply with quote

Yes, only work for these guys if you like getting taken for a ride, be rubbished in front of students and behind your back, not getting the full amount of the measly salary they have agreed to pay you or like to be the victim of bullying.
I mean there are a 1000 ways you can go about being an idiot. All I can say is ISL will go out of their way to prove you are one. They have perfected the art!

They claim they are teachers, but when neither of them have a teaching qualification or a management qualification... they take the biscuit putting it lightly.They even rubbish standard teaching methodology (3Ps). They have probably forgotten what the 3Ps are after they were explained to them.

When David O callaghan gets bored, he just goes around trying to stick a spanner in the works of a system you have got successfully up and running. I remember somebody making the comment in the staffroom, "Have you seen that walking streak of P*** (urine)?"...The hateful passion has been stirred up in many a uncautious soul.

One of my aims in writing this message is to say that if you do go against all reason and still go ahead and work for these guys, I have NO MERCY and you will get what you deserve.... call it satire or irony, but you will understand IF you do.

I must apologise for not being politically correct and going about in a proper BBC manner of analysing and launching a logical criticism against these people without scruples, but Im just fed up with vulture-like individuals preying upon the lame and the weak.

Its a free world anyway, so do what you want........
butterbrot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: a breath of fresh air Reply with quote

The above post is a breath of fresh air into the cupboard of skeletons normally referred to as language schools!

I hope the post stands and is not removed by the management here. I've seen other posts removed when teachers have written about their negative experiences and that's really too bad. It's not a service to teachers to keep this type of information secret.

Trouble is, Dave and others like him earn their bread and butter from adverts and they normally don't allow posts like these and they don't want to offend the offenders and reduce the cash flow. I had a particularly bad experience with another school in Germany and I wanted to warn others. So, I submitted the text to the Journal area on Dave's and it was never posted because those posts require approval first and, apparently, Dave disapproved because there have been adverts from that school on here.

Teachers will continue to have one bad experience after another with the same old schools and there doesn't seem to be any chance to warn others. So, like I said, I hope the above post stands. Especially since I'm familiar with the school and owners in question and can second Mr Blue's post - though that school wasn't the one where I had the most miserable experience of my life and, I was never paid for teaching there.

There are no legal recourses for language teachers to get what was promised or, to even be paid! Something needs to be done.

There was an organisation started in an effort to change these awful conditions and treatment - called EFLTA at http://www.eflta.org - but they seem to have folded and gone off in different and very odd direction.
Sadie25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the name of the school where you had the bad experience?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: