Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broadband In Poland - Alternatives To TP DSL?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tornpr1nce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Broadband In Poland - Alternatives To TP DSL? Reply with quote

I recently had a TP DSL connection installed but have unfortunately found its performance to be rather substandard. About 80% of the time 50% of websites won�t load, though sometimes nothing will load at all. I got up this morning and tried to visit six websites and none of them would fully load. It doesn�t seem to be related to traffic since there�s no one time of day when it�s bad � some days it�s bad in the day time but works fine in the evening, other days it�s bad in the evening but works fine in the daytime. Does anyone else use TP DSL and if so do you have the same problems?

I was considering getting a cable connection installed but found there�s no cable in my area. Are there any other companies that offer DSL services? When I�ve gone to Internet cafes very near here I�ve had no problems with the connection so there must be a service available that works consistently. If anyone else has a broadband connection I�d be really interested to hear who it�s with and how well it works.

Thanks
Alex Shulgin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Neostrada? I've got it and it works fine, never had any problems and I can stay connected for days on end downloading stuff, the record is 9 days of continuous connection while downloading episodes of Seinfeld. My friend Harry has it and it works fine for him too. He used to have Tele2 (microwave broadband) and that really sucked! Call Neostrada and tell them you have problems which means you won't be paying any bills until they fix the problems.
tornpr1nce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure if maybe the infrastructure wasn't up to the standard of Western Eurpoe, but now I know it works for other people I'll give them a call and report the problem.

Thanks again.
Kymro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Shulgin wrote:
My friend Harry has it and it works fine for him too. He used to have Tele2 (microwave broadband) and that really sucked!

I've heard its so impressive it can be used to create virtual people !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: