Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AE Active English, Surabaya

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfingyogini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: AE Active English, Surabaya Reply with quote

Anyone got any info on Active English in Surabaya? What they're like to work for, what the school's like etc? Any general hints on living and working in surabaya woud also be much appreciated! Very Happy
TEAM_PAPUA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: * Reply with quote

I was in SBY for 2 years & I've never heard of AE English. There were a few very small schools (or rooms in peoples homes) that employed local teachers to babysit kids? As far as I know there's the 3 (or now 4) EF schools (same franchise), KELT, ILP, ILS & IALF - plenty of letters to keep you going!

Surabaya is a great place to live & work (in my opinion) it has everything you need & many of the things that you don't need. Whatever you want, you can find it there, though 2 years was certainly enough for me...

T_P Cool
bayabule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I haven't been on here in ages so this is probably a bit too late for you Surfingyogini.
Be VERY, VERY, VERY careful with AE. The last few weeks we've been hearing some pretty bad stuff about them, direct from people who have worked there.
TP is right, Surabaya is fine but best to stick to the established schools.
We've also heard that ILP have got rid of all their native speakers in Sby too. Anyone know if that's true?
twinkel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: AE Surabaya Reply with quote

My friend was worked in AE surabaya before and it was a bad school.
they pay you less but didnt provied any maids or mineral waters. every weekend you should go to the laundry and provide your own mineral waters. with less salary and still you should provied everything,it wasnt enough at all.
they give u terrible house.it was robbed twice and the boss didnt do anything.the tief took all my friend's money and his new vcd.be extra carefull with AE.
willy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't surprised me that ILP has got rid of there native speakers as the head office in Jakarta has put most of us out due to one Ausy. named Amber she has moved to the franchises dep. So it wouldn�t be surprised as she had spread bad rumors about all male teachers.

Just have a look at the ILP posts! Mine is on page 2 �my story of ILP�
Synergy101

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: AE Surabaya Reply with quote

AE is new and the owner and the two main teachers are Dutch. It's been around for over a year and is starting to grow. I don't know so much about them just that it's courses are priced what seems to the public as 50% cheaper than EF and Kelt but actually the teaching hours are about half as well, only 33 hours.
TEAM_PAPUA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: * Reply with quote

Quote:
cheaper than EF and Kelt but actually the teaching hours are about half as well, only 33 hours

Only 33 hours? So, that's 66 hours at EF?

Just checking Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: