Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any jobs in warsaw working with dogs?shelters?dog walkers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Any jobs in warsaw working with dogs?shelters?dog walkers? Reply with quote

Hi.im currently working at Battersea Dogs Home,London as a Kennel Supervisor.Will be moving to Warsaw in July 2003.does any one know of job situations going in Warsaw in my particular field??I know of one main dog shelter,near the airport but dont have a @ for it..Plus is there a need for paid dog walkers as this is big business here in london??
thanks. Twisted Evil
bnix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Arf? Going to the Dogs...... Reply with quote

I do not know of any positions offhand(walking dogs in Warsaw).I have a feeling you might not be ale to find such a position very easily in Warsaw.Warsaw is not London,obviously.The Poles are quite pragmatic.Money is tighter there...and well,they would probably tend to walk their own dogs.Of course...you could always teach TESOL if you can't find a job walking dogs.... Rolling Eyes
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Bulletin Board for Doggie Walkers Reply with quote

There should be a bulletin board for doggie walkers. Is this some kind of April Fool ? Warsaw is an unlikely place to find jobs like this. And why would they give a job like this to a foreigner ?
beew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulletin Board for Doggie Walkers Reply with quote

[Well this foreigner happens to know a darn sight more about dog behaviour than you!!I was merely putting out feelers to see if their was a job market in my field and now i know theres not.Thanks. Mad
bnix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Good Luck on Your Job Search Reply with quote

I am absolutely SURE you know more about dog behavior than me.The question in my mind was why you posted on a forum devoted to TESOL teachers.Your business of course,and no harm done,but you would probably have a better chance of getting some responses on a board devoted to dogs,or whatever.Anyway,no harm done.And best of luck in your job quest.Although I do not pretend to be a canine expert,I rather doubt you would make much money walking dogs in Warsaw.I have lived in Poland. Smile
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: Dogs ? Reply with quote

I like bnix am somewhat surprised that this should appear - here or anywhere. Why would someone who is not a Polish citizen expect to get a job doing this in Poland ? Truly the world is full of wonders.

Of course if and when Poland joins the EU, there will be mobility of labour there from the rest of the Union. But how much does a Polish dog-walker get ? Not enough for our English friend from Battersea Dogs' Home. That is a racing certainty.
beew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dogs ? Reply with quote

[

Ok,fair point from bnix,re this was probably not the correct site to make enqueries about jobs with our 4 legged friends,and thank you for your comments.Sorry my last somewhat sarcastic reply was not aimed at you but at Mr i think im really funny scot47.. Cool
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:31 am    Post subject: Walking the dog or teaching EFL ? Reply with quote

And now she has established there are no jobs walking canines, she will ask : "How do I get a job teaching English in Warsaw ? That must be really easy."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: