Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW DO I PUT A PICTURE BY MY POSTS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senor boogie woogie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: HOW DO I PUT A PICTURE BY MY POSTS? Reply with quote

Hola!

I have seen people here on the board with pictures by their post. I have looked under FAQ on how to do mine, and I cannot understand the procedure at all. Something about "avatars" or something.

Could an administrator show me how to do this in easy to understand language. Please do not say "avatar"! Can I pick an image from the internet?

Thank you,

SENOR
Paul G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SENOR

Scroll down the list of topics on this forum and look for a topic about "avatars". There are explicit instruction there on enabling an avatar (picture) as well web sites where to find them.
gerard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK

Here it is in a nutshell-and I will not use the A word. Find a pic you like on the net... Hit the right button on the mouse and follow the directions to put it in the "my photos" on your computer. Then take the URL number and open your user profile on Daveves. Go to the bottom where it says URL and enter the relevant number. Hit submit and presto chango you have a cool photo by every post you have ever submitted. Dont mention it!
Paul G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SENOR:

While gerard�s instructions are technically correct, you can�t use just any old photo. Size is an important consideration because too large a photo will screw up the forum page layout.

Do a Google search for �avatars� and you will find a lot of appropriately sized photos.
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Thanks Gerard Reply with quote

Dear Gerard:

Thanks for the simple "how to" instructions! After several weeks of severe avatar-envy and cursing in Russian at my poor old Dell, I am now proud to be slightly less stupid than I thought I was.

Thanks again! Cool

Regards,
keNt
gerard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent ---No problem mate. Funny though how my advice helped you but I still dont have a frigging avatar. This computer --- thank you to the Peoples Republic---does not seem to have a photos spot. Will have to call in a bilingual person I guess. Not to mention trying to navigate through the language fog!!! By the way if you are reading this where do you get the spinning images??? I was going to go with a Simpsons image or something...
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: avatar-envy Reply with quote

Hello Gerard:

Funny you mentioned those problems you're having. The avatars that I had saved onto my hard drive don't work either, but those that I copied and pasted from the website below work just FINE. hmmmm.

Anyway, without further ado, here's the link to those animated avatars, courtesy of Dave's member "Selyer", whose dancing dog avatar prompted me to 'click' on her photo and steal the URL. (Thanks again, Selyer!)

http://bb.bbboy.net/bbgallery/

Gerard: Try using copy/paste; don't save the image to your drive! If I'm right, this should solve your problems.

Regards,
kENt

PS: If you're looking for the Simpsons, just click on the 'people' links and you will find the whole family ... in all of their stunning glory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: