Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asian driver's license in Qatar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanicman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Asian driver's license in Qatar Reply with quote

Is it possible for a holder of an Asian non-English driver's license to get a Qatari driver's license?

TIA..............Titanicman
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Titanic,

This is in my pm and I don't feel like typing it again. Smile So, I will summarize.

I replied that it was likely just as in the other GCC countries - non-Westerners must take the driving lessons and driving tests. ugh!!

If anyone knows differently, and Qatar is an exception, please post and correct me.

VS
Richard_Gao

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my country (asian) driving license and I had to have it translated first and then submitted to get a temporary license (this was before I got my residence permit). i had to take a road test but not the dreaded LSP test. (for those who don't know what LSP test is, it's L, S shaped path with poles marking the path and you have to drive in reverse through it without dropping any pole. the P is the parallel parking test).

Passed the road test without problem. Once i got the RP, i only had to convert the temporary license to a permanent one without retaking any test.

I have been told that if you wait for RP first and then apply for permanent license, they are more strict in giving out the license, so you may end up having to LSP and road test. So in fact it's good to get temporary and then convert after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: