Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

italian classifieds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: italian classifieds Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

How do I find Italian job listings? I am not certiried for ESL yet but I would like to spend this summer in Florence. I have checked the periodicals at the New York Public library and I have searched some of the periodicals on-line but I still did not find any listings. What haven't I done?

Thank you,
Michelle
Caroline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: job listings Reply with quote

One website that has Italian ESL job listings in English is www.wantedinrome.com
These listings are mostly for Rome, though

Can you read Italian? I ask because a lot of Italian newspapers have websites, including Il Messaggero and La Republica.

One last thing - most schools close in August, so you might have better luck finding summer-course work in July.

Caroline
John

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: italian classifieds Reply with quote

[quote="michelle"]I would like to spend this summer in Florence[/quote]

Most of the language schools in Florence teach Italian to Americans, Brits, Canadians etc. For most of the year it is hard to turn around without bumping into Anglophone students. Therefore

1. You are competing against people who have another source of income and are prepared to work for next to nothing just to stretch out their stay a little.

2. They are on the spot when any vacancies arise.

3. The whole of Europe goes on holiday for August. Lots of people in Italy also take July off. Universities don't really get going until November. There isn't a lot of demand for classes during this period.

You'll just have to pay for your holiday (and Italy is very expensive for those on a tight budget). If you really want a cheap stay in Italy try finding if there are any archaeological digs taking place. Even here you have to pay something but it will be less than a hotel.
mike B

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Summer in Florence Reply with quote

If you are set on Florence you could try mondotimes.com and follow the links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: