Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching on a tourist/student visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nasigoreng

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Teaching on a tourist/student visa Reply with quote

Teaching English in Indonesia on a student visa or tourist visa.

Possible?
Preferable? (given the reported hassles in getting a work visa)
Does immigration raid the schools?

I'm considering part-time work because I would in fact be attending language classes.

terima kasih
Chester

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: part-time Reply with quote

never heard of cops enterring educational facillities. why do you say schools? there is more to life than teaching "leprechauns". lots of part-time work in other places. its easy.
excuse my spelling and typo's.
tourist visa is 28 days max - unless you can schedule a flight out on the last day, no point in teaching with that. I have nebver been asked anything about my visa when working part time. get paid cash. the companies dont want contracted people, then they will have to account for expendature and pay tax themselves.
ls650

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: part-time Reply with quote

Chester wrote:
never heard of cops enterring educational facillities.

During my year in Indonesia, my school had at least two on-site visits from Immigration. They usually showed up for an hour to check that all the teachers had a KITAS and to check for paperwork.

Oddly enough, these inspections both happened right before a long holiday. I suspect they were hoping to find something wrong with the paperwork so they could get a bribe (ie. holiday spending money) out of the school. Confused
willy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI NASIGORENG ARE YOU STILL IN TW? WILL YOU EVER LEAVE? HOW IS LIFE, AFTER SOME YEARS HERE A REALLY MISS TW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: