Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone got anything good to say about Lodz or Esl Bell?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
booty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Anyone got anything good to say about Lodz or Esl Bell? Reply with quote

I have heard nothing but negative views about ESL Bell and Lodz. Surely there must be some good points. By the way, if anyone has worked in Lodz, what are the best bars and cinemas?
Question Shocked
nocturnalme

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: ELS-Bell Reply with quote

Uncle Booty!
Steve here. When I was on the summer course, I heard nothing but good things about Bell schools and Poland in general. It's only on here that I've heard negative stuff, so I guess it's each to their own.
We'll soon find out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
booty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Mr Nocturnal Reply with quote

Cool Hi there! You are right. The only way is to find out for yourself. Many have warned me about Poland, saying it's a dull and grey country. However, I'm sure the girls are pretty and the booze is good. Poles are also meant to bne really friendly too. Will have to sort a rendezvous at some point.
Booty
caramel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to teach for bell in Lodz.
steampig

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be a few years out of date now but Lodz was the best party city in Poland. The legendary Pietrkowska Street is full of restaurants and bars. Remember Lodz is a big university city and has the famous film school that produced the likes of Wajda, Polanski and Zanussi. All these young people means plenty of action. The 'Lodz Kaliska' was the most famous bar but that was admittedly five years ago. I can't believe that Lodz has got anything but better in the last five years. It may not be the world's prettiest city but it is a good place to meet people (lots of cinemas as well). No bad place.
Brooks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard good stuff about Lodz.
it is a place where you can have fun.
Go to Baghdad cafe for a beer.
The students that take the Cambridge Proficiency exam score the best in Europe.

Life in Lodz isn`t easy because many people don`t have jobs and a lot of people leave for Warsaw. Lodz isn`t an attractive city. The Russians designed the architecture, and the style is very Soviet.

I have heard good things about Bell in Krakow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: