Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zayed University

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:50 am    Post subject: Zayed University Reply with quote

Can anyone offer any insights into the working conditions at ZU? Also, do most expat ZU families find the housing to be satisfactory and Abu Dhabi to be a pleasant place to spend 3 years?
Thanks,
James
zakiah25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Abu Dhabi Reply with quote

I don't know about the current situation at Zayed U but you could check the posts in the Job Information Journal.
Abu Dhabi is a growing modern city. It has a beautiful corniche where you can walk along a waterfront promenade. At the end of the corniche, they have built a large shopping centre on a man-made island where you will find many shops such as Ikea etc
Many people prefer Dubai but as it is very close, you can go there by road on your days off.
Both Dubai and Abu Dhabi have interesting markets and a large variety of modern shops.
You should enjoy it.
Amy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have friends at Zayad in Dubai who are very happy - both with the work and the housing -- and planning to stay the full three.
tracygosnow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to bring this posting back up from the dead. A friend has contacted me to teach English at Zayad University in UAE and I wanted to see if anyone has new/recent experience or input for this university.

Thank You!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracygosnow,

I have friends teaching at both branches. They are happy and have been there for many years now. Granted, they can come up with pros and cons - the usual complaints that we all have with our employers, especially in the Middle East. But, ZU has fewer problems than most. It can be a demanding job and there are high professional expectations. This is not a place where you show up, teach their classes, and wander home. Their pay, benefits, and housing are at the top for the Gulf, but you earn it. They are very computer oriented and all is high tech.

I think that for those that want to get some useful experience with a good paycheck, go for it!!

VS
whatgoesaround

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tracygosnow wrote:
I wanted to bring this posting back up from the dead. A friend has contacted me to teach English at Zayad University in UAE and I wanted to see if anyone has new/recent experience or input for this university.

Thank You!

If they want you, count yourself as fortunate. Many would like to be in your shoes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: