Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

on food
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtomchek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gowump:

Dude, I spent 11 weeks in Radom for training and go back there whenever I am there as my Polish family is there. Radom is kind of a special place in Poland and I never really include it in my generalizations. Lets face it, the people are great but the town is a complete dump and with the unemployment rate so high, its no wonder we see some of the things seen at Glowny Dworczec in Radom. Varsovians have a lot less excuses for their REAL excesses in the cosumption of alcohol.

Are you living in Radom?
Gowump

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtomchek:

You have got it right. Radom is a "special" place. I am going on my third year here. If you are ever back this way PM me and we will meet for a piwo.
dtomchek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gowump:

Ok man, I have got to ask this question!!! Why would any sane rational individual stay voluntarily in Radom for 3 freaking years??? Confused Having been the length and breadth of that country, almost everywhere is more aestetically pleasing than that rat hole. I mean, you gotta admit...

Dosabeczenia
Gowump

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtomchek:

I culdn't agree with you more, it is a dump, but as I said it has grown on me. The city itself is crap but I have made some very good friends here and at the moment I have a good job making good money so the time to move on hasn't arrived. On the up side, I am close to Warsaw and Krakow, the prices here are so much cheaper than the other larger cities, and believe it or not, the local government is starting to invest money into the city. There has been some drastic changes in the few years that I have been here.
dtomchek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gowump:
Yeah, the people there (sober ones anyway) Surprised are really cool...that is the only reason why I go back there...I'm thinking late July next year for a short visit...you still going to be there then?
Gowump

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtomchek:

I am almost positive I will be here next July. I was thinking maybe 2 more years and perhaps, perhaps move on. Like I said this place grows on you like a bad rash, so I could be here longer. Anytime you are in Radom let me know and we could hook up. There are some really good new pubs that have opened in the last couple of months, will they be open next July? Who knows. Feel free to PM me at any time. Oh yeah, the first piwo will be on me.

Do zobaczenia
dtomchek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey:

Sounds good! Wow, the city is actually picking up! Surprised I will let you know...5 years in Radom??? Maybe the place does grow on you like a fungus Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: