Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need new info on getting to bali.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoppty13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: need new info on getting to bali. Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks to every who replied to my posting.

I need some more info on Jakarta airport and flights to Bali in early January.

I hope to arrive at Jakarta airport in the first week of January but am a bit worried about my timing.

How easy is it to just turn up at the airport and buy a ticket on the day to Bali?

Can I book in advance from Uk or Via the net?

Does anyone have any experience of travelling through Jakarta airport at this time?

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it.

Many thanks
drgonzo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had a problem turning up at the airport and buying a ticket.... and conversly to logic in the rest of the world, I have actually got the best deal doing so.
What time do you arrive in Jakarta? If you arrive in the morning, you will have no problem, but you might have to wait a few hours. If you arrive in the evening... well then you might have a problem.
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! Difficult in the evening. Don't think there actually any to flights in the evening to Bali, but I'm not 100% on that. Most tend to be in the Morning - early aftrenoon.
If you arrive at Jakarta in the evening, the best thing to do (unless you want to hang out in the airport which isn't the most modern or comfortable) is catch a METERED taxi to Jalan Jaksa and stay in a cheap but comfortable enough hotel for the night. If you can't find a meter taxi ( Inormally ignore those in the taxi rank and go right to the back of the rank where you'll find a Bluebird taxi hovering (usually). They will usually happily use their meter. Though you'll have to pay RP6000 (under a dollar) for the tolls on the road into the city. With Bluebird, the ride will cost around RP60,000, anyone els will want up to 100,000. Never pay more than 80,000.
At Jaksa there are very cheap hostels - eg. Jodi - slightly better - eg.Tator - and Quite nice - eg.Margot they are progressively more expensive. Hotel Margot has TV and AC in all rooms. The others have fan only. Tator does have one or two with AC. Prices of these places range from a few dollars to about 15 dollars
Hope that is use
wooskie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya most definitely it will be cheaper if u by on the fly when u get there youll pay three times as much more if u buy from an online service or agent and id agree try to get there in the morning otherwise international flights start arriving and the que to get thru immigration etc can be quite long...why dont u just fly straight into Bali????? Its a port of entry as well and alot less busy as Sokearno-Hatta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: