Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

urgent request!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elainenatal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: urgent request! Reply with quote

Can anyone help? I'm urgently trying to contact a David Kerbaugh, an American, formerly of the English Department, Dayeh University in Taiwan. If anyone has any information regarding his current whereabouts, please contact me as it is an urgent family matter.
EOD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: More Info Please Reply with quote

What is his nationality? Can you tell us a little more about the place he worked as I can find no school or University listed under the spelling you gave but several with similar spelling. Specifically, the city it is in?
elainenatal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: details Reply with quote

His nationality is American as mentioned in my original post - the address that I have for Dayeh University is 112 Shan-Jiau Road.Da-Tsuen,Changhua, Taiwan 515. The University has told me that he left without leaving a forwarding address. Thanks for your help.
EOD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: American??? Reply with quote

When you say American, I assume you mean the United States of America. This is an internetional forum. I will call the school on Monday and see if I can get the story on this guy. Hopefully there is still someone there that knows him, posssibly a coworker of friend. Did he ever mention anyone's name to you? Which department did he work in, I am assuming it was the English department. Even though he was teaching there, it doesn't mean he was a teacher there. Full time, part time staff or just a substitute?

Last edited by EOD on Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
elainenatal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Yes, he was full-time in the English Department. He is originally from Phoenix in the U.S.A. married with a Korean wife. He mentioned a co-worker, a Dr Leeman but I'm not sure if he's still there. Thanks
EOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called the number and talked to the person in charge of hiring foreign English Teachers. She said she had been their for 2 years and never heard of David Kerbaugh.

Dr. Shuming Chen.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 00886-4-8511888, ext. 6012
Fax: 00886-4-8511610

You might try calling the senior Foreign teacher their to get accurate info.
A.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Is this the Same David Kerbaugh Reply with quote

I might be able to help, what is his birthday and year?
Aristotle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Here is What I have on Your Missing Person Reply with quote

A little info the background search came up with.

http://www.state.nd.us/docr//Field_Services/Wanted/KerbaughDavidwanted.htm
A passport check said there was never a person under that name in Taiwan. He probably got a new name and passport.
The fact that he is a wanted criminal should not surprise anyone.
I forwarded this to a local bounty hunter and he told me there is no reward, so there is no interest. He also said that North Dakota will not extradite low level criminals but the arrest warrant is still active.
He also told me that Dayeh University in Chang Hwa is notorious for it's criminal element.
Dayeh University was recently involved in a scam where they were collecting tuitions for a non existent University in the US. Could be your missing person was the the American connection, as he is a known con artist.
My first guess would be his current name is Leeman, the one you said he mentioned as a colleague.
He may still be there as communication is often very bad in Chinese institutions of learning and he may not have heard that anyone is looking for him. Chances are that when he does find out that someone is looking for him under that name, he will run.
So tell us a little more about yourself Elaine

Last edited by Aristotle on Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
elainenatal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Dr Leeman has moved on from Taiwan - I believe that he is a respected academic and a member of this forum (he's in the member list).On a personal note, I am an EFL teacher and a friend of the Kerbaugh family.I no nothing about bounty hunters or whatever - our only interest is to find out the truth regarding David's disappearance.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

My apologies to Mr. Leeman, but you understand my point. So as a friend of the family, would you like for me to pursue this further. I have a feeling it may not be a pleasant experience for those involved.
Has it occurred to you that he may not want to be found?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: