Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil1979

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: i Reply with quote

i
l
k

Last edited by neil1979 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Castro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Neil1979,

First

http://www.educacentre.net/en.htm?/learn-russian it’s so called EducaCentre (SPb).

According to them:

• Every teacher of Russian at the Educacentre is a graduate of St.Petersburg university, qualified to teach Russian as a foreign language and with many years’ experience both in Russia and abroad.
• The school occupies the third floor of the classical building in Petrogradskaya Side district which is the downtown of Saint-Petersburg. It's just 15 minutes walk to Neva Embankment and Peter's and Paul Fortress.

According to the site visitors (I guess before):

• “Very informative site…”
• “…Nice web site. The whole thing, organization, courses, options, etc. look very...”

According to their clients (I guess after):

“Эдукацентр не является лучшим центром по изучению языков! Здесь вы заплатите деньги, а реально ничего не узнаете. Преподователи собраны со всего города, работают не на результат, а за лишнюю копейку.В общем "эдука" это центр по выкачиванию денег, знания вы там получите сомнительные!!!”

Check your Russian. This student doesn’t really like them.

Second

http://www.studyrussian.com/Petersburg/russian_courses.html it’s so called Ziegler & Partner. Site with all needed info about russian courses they offer: prices, accommodation and visa stuff. They offer courses of russian as foreign language in Moscow and st. Petersburg. It’s a part of moscow state university, so, you shouldn’t worry about reputation. though, they don’t have a guestbook and site is not so good. e-mail [email protected].

Good Luck
bobs12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Russian comment there could go as well for the place I studied Russian, as well as most of the places I've taught English Wink

There's a guy in St. Petersburg who apparently has an absolutely awesome reputation as a teacher, there was a story about his school in the St. Petersburg Times recently...

http://www.sptimes.ru/archive/times/1042/bs/a_14768.htm

The school is called Extra-Class, it seems worth a look.

Website- http://www.learnrussian.ru

Some schools offer Russian courses to their teachers. Also get in touch with Mike Sherman at American Language Master (new school in St. Petersburg). I think he's on the lookout for a teacher at the moment, and he has Russian teachers in his school.

Website- http://www.americanlanguagemaster.com

Accommodation- for such a short stay it may be difficult. When are you planning to arrive?
drew881

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out St Petersburg State University. They have tons of programs, as well as multiple campus locations. Ive studied there twice. Programs were good, good teachers, and you can get a room through them at a dorm for like 7 bucks a night. Homestays will probably cost more, i think 12-16 if you can arrange them through a program. The dorms arent that great, and they are usually separated by Russian and foreign, with the majority of foreign students being Asian, which can be kind of annoying since you are traveling to Russia for language immersion, yet youll be hearing a lot of chinese, japanese, korean in the dorms, so homestay is always better. Just google st petersburg state for some info. Its pretty cheap too.
neil1979

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all for the tips and links.
The 'extra class' place looks good and so does the St Pete University course. Seems homestay is a good option for a six-week stay as I intend. I have teaching commitment till about mid-april and would probably come immediately afterwards.
cheers
Neil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: