Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is GOOD where you are ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isabel

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every business I go to has something free to offer- usually food. At the pharmacy last week my friends and I were give vitamin C drinks when we arrived, by a very well dressed owner, and then shown to seats while we waited. As we left we were given packages of cookies. While I waited (15 minutes) to have my new glasses made, the optician gave my friend and me little bottles of yoghurt drink, with straws, and seated at a little cafe table.

All of the major stores have cheer-leader clad hospitality girls in the cheesiest outfits, who on occasion all dance in unison to some bad music. (It isn't the sex appeal that gets me, it is just so over the top.) As the stores open in the morning, all of the employees line up and bow deeply to welcome the first customers of the day.

Oh, as a woman teacher, and one with gray hair, I get incredibly deep bows from the students when I enter a room- not an ego boost in terms of age, but definitely in terms of respect.

I'm in Korea, and there are a lot of other things I could say that I love that are relatively unique here. The best is that I feel safe all of the time.
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Slaqdog Reply with quote

And don't forget,buying tonnes of sardines for bbqs and throwing t.v.s through windows and slagging off that Canadian acid queen.....Remember that?....Greetings from P,M and M,(soon to be just P).
denise

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorites from Prague/Czech Republic:

1) trams with heaters under every individual seat--made those 7:30am starts tolerable in the wickedly cold winters

2) being able to leave a pub/cafe/club at 4am all by my lonesome, frail, girlie self and never worrying about making it home safely

3) cynical & quick-witted students

4) the Shoe Museum in Zlin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: