Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Question About Prince Sultan Women's College

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sophiaj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: A Question About Prince Sultan Women's College Reply with quote

I have been offered a contract at Prince Sultan Women's College. Can anyone tell me anything about working as an English Language Lecturer there.

I realize that as a single women my life will be restricted in SA. I was wondering just how restricted it would be.

Before I sign the contract, I need to have a very good idea of just what my daily life would be there. I'm an artist and musician and simply can't go anywhere where I can't pursue my interests. In addition, I need to know just how available internet access is from one's apartment.

Thanks.

Sophia
mehajaby

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

life for a single woman iin Saudi. Can you tell me what city you will be in? I lived there for 2 years, and in the middle east for another 5. I can tell you alot about it, both good and bad.
sophiaj

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: PSC-Women's Reply with quote

Hi:

Thank you for your reply. The college is in Riyadh. I've lived and worked in the UAE and I realize that life for a single women is very very different in Saudia Arabia. I'm just trying to understand if I can stand it before I accept the contract I've been offered.

ciao,
Sophia
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: going to riyadh Reply with quote

Without knowing you, it is difficult to say whether you should go or not. On balance, my advice is that you should not come to Saudi Arabia, unless you have a very BIG reason for coming here.

As a single woman you will be isolated and vulnerable in a very tough environment.
abudhabi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: A Question About Prince Sultan Women's College Reply with quote

You will probably be in an apartment in the Diplomatic Quarter - depending on the flat, you should have a reasonably good dial up service, but not broadband.

You can pursue your artistic desires. I know of people who give concerts and people who exhibit their art. While not officially sanctioned, it is possible to find a community of like-minded people and do these things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: