Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Job Offer from HCT - DMC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Job Offer from HCT - DMC Reply with quote

Hi,

I received an offer from HCT-DMC to teach Engineering. I have never been to Dubai. I would welcome feedback that you may have on HCT
offer. I have a master in Electrical and Computer Engineering with
10 years of pratical industry experience and same amount of yeras
as a part-time faculty in the USA.

Salary: Dhs. 13,700, Childern schooling paid up to Dhs. 80,000 per year, annual airline ticket, Free accomedation, Furniture allowance,
end of service payment (1month's salary per year of service) and
repatriation allowance of Dhs. 5000 and 2 months paid vacation. We are a family of four (wife and 2 kids) form the USA. Also what
kind of accomedation HCT is providing for a family of four and can
you save for the future ??

Again any feedback is greatly apprecited.

Best Regards
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JT,

I answered this in the other thread you posted it on. Check over there.

VS
Klem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: SMC Reply Reply with quote

JT,

That's the exact same salary and condition I got at SMC last year, with exactly the same teaching experience and qualifications.

Initial offer was lower but I negotiated up to 13,700

You can save if you stay reasonable in your expenditure. Living in ME gives people a warped sense of a pseudo jetset lifestyle. Do you really need the expense of a maid when where you came from you coped without one? Do you really need a more expensive car? Watch out for holidays where people tend to spend up trying to forget the oppressive regime they work for and the stifling culture live in. Don't ,ake the mistake of trying to compete with the locals with their ostentatious displays of wealth beyond anyhting you are used to. It is not a competition.

Klem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: