Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving from Moscow to Ukraine (Kiev)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Moving from Moscow to Ukraine (Kiev) Reply with quote

Hello,
I have been living in Moscow for already 2 years. My husband is working as construction engineer and has got a great offer to move to Kiev, Ukraine.
My opinion about Ukraine has always been good, since I have heard that the people there are more warm than the people in Russia. Of course, I think all the best about the Russians, but I am anyway pleased with the wormer mentality. My grandmother was born in Ukraine, and I grow up by eating famous Ukrainen food and listening the Ukrainen language which my grandma spoke fluently.
I would like to know, what is life like in Kiev?! We are planning to rent a three room appartment in the nice area of the city. It would be grat if the appartment is not furnished, because, here, in Moscow, we have bough everything new and have a possibility to transport our things to Kiev. Anyway, what are the prices for the appartments in Kiev? Do they have dwelling buildings with the security guards, like in Moscow? What is the cost for food, telephone, electricity etc.? What is security like, in general? Is there heating and hot water supply solved well like in Moscow? What is the standards of living there? What about health insisutuons, hospitals etc.? I guess there are also good private doctors. How is it like for kids there? Does enyone have an experience with their kindergartens?
I was born in Belgrade, and have traveled all around the Europe and Asia, and know what are the standards in Europe, to be able to compare. Therefore, I would appreciate very much if someone could reply to this topic.
All the best to everyone here, and I look forward to move to the south. Scared of the new winter here although it can be very romantic in Moscow, like nowhere else in the world. Very Happy
Best regards! Looking forward to any reply.
Alexa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: And to add... Reply with quote

What mostly interests me is a possibility for an employment in Kiev. I had been working as the accounting manager for 7 years, for the world famous international companies. Speek English, Russian and German language and have a higher education.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: