Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_anethon

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: wage Reply with quote

Hello-
I'm sorry if this has been asked too many times.. but I was wondering if I could get a rough idea of what kind of wage I could expect? I just need to know at point I'm doing good, and when I'm being taken advantage of..

I have a college degree (in art). I spent 10 months teaching English in Cuernavaca 3 years ago, I was making 30pesos/hour... so now I have some experience.

Since then I have been working in web development/programming/computer graphics. But I'm ready to drop that and go back to Mexico Very Happy. I'm hoping to teach in Oaxaca.

What's the current rate like?

thanks.
-e
_anethon

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
^
^
is this question taboo? or you've just heard it too much?

A nice person told me this: "Language schools usually pay 50 and hour. Some of the better ones have monthly pay rather than by the hour, usually about 5,000 a month. Private high schools and private universities are better conditions over all and pay 60-80 and hour."

is that similar to what you've seen?
Ben Round de Bloc

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: I don't think it's taboo Reply with quote

I've never been to Oaxaca, so I can't answer your question. I think the reason you're not getting answers is that very few people who frequent this forum have been there either.

Wages can vary so much even within one city, sometimes even within one school in one city. Someone who's been teaching in Oaxaca recently or maybe someone who helps place teachers in schools there might be able to give you a ballpark figure for a range of wages there, but those of us teaching EFL in other parts of the Republic really wouldn't know.

Best wishes!
Smile
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Wages Reply with quote

You've got the Oaxaca wages about right...40-60 an hour, for a monthly range of 4000-6000 before taxes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: