Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crime is up in Istanbul, be careful
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: The best teacher is g.r.f.c. Reply with quote

We will never know the whole story, so we will see what happens.

It is a pity you judge people on the basis of their religion
Quote:
By the way, what a result against the catholic scumbags. Twice in ten days. Yee haa
- because people are people, and there are good and bad in all religions, including those who have no religion (like ghost).
dmb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a football comment Ghost, not a religious one. And I agree with GRFC. It was a great result.
ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Religion in sport Reply with quote

Quote:
That was a football comment Ghost, not a religious one. And I agree with GRFC. It was a great result.

Going by that logic, if Rangers plays Galatasaray or Besiktas and beats them, you will say something like "and we beat the muslim scumbags."

The fact that you condone those comments indicates more about you than all the other rhetoric you post.
dmb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Religion in sport Reply with quote

[quote="ghost"]Going by that logic, if Rangers plays Galatasaray or Besiktas and beats them, you will say something like "and we beat the muslim scumbags."
[quote]
Absolutely not. It's purely a Scottish thing. It's a Special term of endearment which is only used for Celtic.
ghost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Telepathy Reply with quote

Quote:
Absolutely not. It's purely a Scottish thing. It's a Special term of endearment which is only used for Celtic.

Special term of endearment?

Keep in mind that most of us here are not mind readers and when we read about a team which is spoken about in derogatory/insulting terms, we take those words at face value, and nerves may be touched whenever the religion issue is brought up. Even when you use those words in that way, there is still a large grain of truth in it, no matter how you look at it.....
dmb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Telepathy Reply with quote

ghost wrote:
and nerves may be touched

My apologies to all touched nerves. Didn't mean to upset anyone.
ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Soccer fan stabbed in Rize Reply with quote

The impulsive nature of Turks was seen last Sunday at a match in Rize between Besiktas and the local Rize team. A fan from Besiktas was stabbed to death by a Rize fanatic, because the Besiktas fan had accidentally bumped into the Rize supporter. Yes - that's right folks - a Besiktas supporter was killed for no other reason than belonging to an opposing side....

And the madness continues, with these sorts of uninhibited displays of violence and loss of self control. Check the Turkish press for more details.
vre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are all aware of the incidents that have happened recently i.e. the Besiktas stabbing, the train attacks, etc.... Does it shock you? Maybe we should check out some other major cities and their news recently. Would you also be shocked?
peaches

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: glassgow rangers Reply with quote

hey glassgow
i think you stole that iron and heater to buy urself some booze
peaches

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G.R.F.C.
i work in esk to and from what ive seen,heard that bayans got you at both ur balls. everybody in esk knows what character you are. you are esks biggest joke,maybe u didnt learn enough in that dubai jail.
ghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: irrational behaviour Reply with quote

Quote:
We are all aware of the incidents that have happened recently i.e. the Besiktas stabbing, the train attacks, etc.... Does it shock you? Maybe we should check out some other major cities and their news recently. Would you also be shocked?

It is true that you encounter incidents in most major cities of the world, but the type of incident we witnessed in Rize is hard to equal in other places - the guy got stabbed because he inadvertently pushed someone....

Ghost was involved in a couple of bizarre incidents during his Turkish sojourn, both involving ghost admonishing citizens for unruly behaviour.

One time ghost was waiting to cross the busy road in front of the Migros shopping centre in Antalya. Cars were zooming along at speeds well in excess of the speed limit...absolutely zero respect for pedestrians. Ghost made a hand motion for cars to slow down (with an up and down motion of the palms stretched outward). A car screached to a halt, and a couple of guys got out of the car screaming and asking what the problem was. Ghost only got off the hook because passerby realized he (ghost) was a foreigner.....and should be spared from assault and battery.

The same thing happened once in Ankara, with similar results......and ghost was inches away from being assaulted for the simple request to a motorist to slow down.....let off the hook again for being a yabanci (so - yes, there are some benefits to being a foreigner in Turkey). The unruly citizen speedster in Ankara told ghost (by way of excuse) "you are lucky you are a foreigner, because if you had been Turkish, you would have been beaten for telling me off!....) chilling.....

The point is, the above scenarios demonstrate what little respect many Turks have for what most people consider civilized behaviour. Ghost also recalls a scene in Ulus, when he came upon two guys fighting each other with wooden planks, over a dispute involving parking space.....blood was spilled and the police arrived, otherwise one of the guys would have been killed. We are talking about a complete lack of self control. The ramifications of these types of incidents are frightening.
yaramaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear. I can't help thinking that our ghost inhabited a very different Turkey from the one I've found myself in for the past few years. I have found it significantly less aggressive than other countries I have lived in, including my own. But then, I was just a chick in central Anatolia.
howmucharefags

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Crazy Indians Reply with quote

Peaches. I've got an idea for you. Why don't you sell curry in London? And by the way, next time you do a runner without paying your booze bills
you should tell folk first ya crazy Indian. Glasgow Rangers will win the European Cup, nae probs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
peaches

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey you
That booze bill was yours,and im no indian.
why should i pay for your booze bill you stupid skinhead.
GRFC- you must be bored posting so much ha? is ur bayan not giving it to u any more? or did the turkish fags in esk have enough of you?
idiot
howmucharefags

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Indian Hunting Reply with quote

pm me and tell me your address in
London.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: