Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs for Americans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I find funny about the USA?

They chose George W. Bush for president - twice!
grahamb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Double trouble Reply with quote

I think the Supreme Court elected him the first time, which makes his second victory all the more galling.
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even worse, Jeb is being taught how to walk upright, not to drool and spit, and how to wear shoes. Ladies and gentlemen, the next president...
grahamb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Bush fire Reply with quote

Here's hoping the Rapture comes sooner rather than later, taking nutcases like Dubya and Jeb aloft and leaving the rest of us to live in peace.
Fud

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, let's hope the rapture comes and takes the REST OF US and leaves them to wander the earth in search of tax cuts...
grahamb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Rapturous applause Reply with quote

As long as there's a well-stocked bar up there...
Rice Paddy Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard we can't work in E. Europe?
zaneth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working in Eastern Europe.
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's 'we?' Why has the subject been changed without notice?
Why ask about Eastern Europe on the CZ forum?
Isn't there such a thing as 'Central Europe?"

If you mean the new EU member states, citizens of EU countries may be given priority already in the CZ, but the actual law still allows North Americans (is this your question?) to obtain legal working papers, if you're willing to jump through all the millions of hoops and stand in all the lengthy lines, and etc.
zaneth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me. I'll butt out, now.
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry, Zaneth....I hope it wasn't anything I said! I'm still on that pedantic trying to come down.....please forgive me!
gregoryfromcali

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am an American heading to Prague in July 2005. Does anyone have any experience with working in Western Europe?

I am American and I teach in Poland. It can be done. Illegally or legally it can be done.

I am legal. But I have met a lot of Americans working without "papers."

If there are jobs in the country you are going to you should be able to find work. In some places it takes longer than others.

Quote:
Difference is that in the EU we get to experience different cultures and languages and histories - thank God!!!

Obviously you've never been to the U.S.

In the town in last lived in California, called Fremont, 120 different languages were spoken everyday and it isn't even a major city. Let me know where you can find that in Europe.

The biggest minority in Europe are the Hungarians living in what is now Romanian Transylvania.

In the states we have all corners of the world in every major city. In California there isn't even a majority anymore as the mix between people of European descent, AFrican Americans, Asians, people from Latin America, and others have reached the point that there is no dominant majority.

Say what you want about my government but it is a joke to try to say that in states you can not experience different cultures.
evansmith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Gregory. Criticism is easy when your basis for information stems from ignorance.
PKB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, Europe isn't just against employing foreigners, much of Europe is against employment in general. Right now there are riots in France. They are using violence to ensure that youth and general unemployment remain high. In much of Europe an 8 to 12 percent unemployment rate is not only acceptable, but is to be maintained at all costs.
Fud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PKB wrote:
Remember, Europe isn't just against employing foreigners, much of Europe is against employment in general. Right now there are riots in France. They are using violence to ensure that youth and general unemployment remain high. In much of Europe an 8 to 12 percent unemployment rate is not only acceptable, but is to be maintained at all costs.

Now that's a bit extreme, I think. Say what you will about Europe's productivity levels as compared to that of the US and whatever else, but to say that Europe is generally against employment is pretty ridiculous. I'm a bit out of touch as to why exactly middle class youths are protesting in France right now, but I highly doubt they're tearing up the streets in an effort to keep themselves from getting jobs. Unlike '68, it's not some general uprising but rather a protest against one specific law about hiring--though I can't remember what it's about, exactly.

Certain European countries could do more to get peopel off the dole, but to say they're striving to maintain unemployment is a baseless generalization.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: